Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
It doesn’t? Have you seen the defense the Blues are running out there?

It makes complete sense. Even if we don’t trade Krug, we still need depth there. We shouldn’t be counting on having both Perunovich and Krug in the lineup every game.

Maybe a depth guy sure but we have Tyler Tucker for depth, someone like a Malmstrom or Loof could potentially come up for injury fill in. I just don't see the Blues adding a significant piece without one of the projected top four going out, preferably Krug.

I still think trading Faulk and signing Pesce would be awesome, if somewhat of a pipe dream.

I am willing to give Faulk another chance, its pretty well known he was playing much of last year injured and the year before that he actually performed pretty well. Krug is my ideal candidate to move, just don't know what the right deal would be.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Not a Swede, but I'd have a lot of interest in signing Urho Vaakanainen.
Get him on a real team and far away from Radko Gudas(Vaak needs a puck mover to play off of) and I think he could really blossom as a 2nd pair stay at home type.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Maybe a depth guy sure but we have Tyler Tucker for depth, someone like a Malmstrom or Loof could potentially come up for injury fill in. I just don't see the Blues adding a significant piece without one of the projected top four going out, preferably Krug.

I am willing to give Faulk another chance, its pretty well known he was playing much of last year injured and the year before that he actually performed pretty well. Krug is my ideal candidate to move, just don't know what the right deal would be.
Oh, I agree. Faulk is not the main problem with the D. I just think Pesce would be a significant upgrade. Pesce is bigger, better defensively and two years younger than Faulk. Not quite as good offensively, but not enough to make a difference, IMO.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Get him on a real team and far away from Radko Gudas(Vaak needs a puck mover to play off of) and I think he could really blossom as a 2nd pair stay at home type.

Outside of Krug and Perunovich, or whichever one is healthy, we don’t really have a puck mover. Faulk isn’t really anymore than an average puck mover, Parayko and Leddy are pretty much skate exit guys, not really movers.

Ideally it’d be nice to get a guy who’s reliable defensively and has a good first pass but doesn’t have a great ozone game to pair with Faulk. The ozone game would be nice, but we’d be looking at a #1 guy if they fit all the criteria, which I don’t know how you find one of those

Reactions: joe galiba

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Outside of Krug and Perunovich, or whichever one is healthy, we don’t really have a puck mover. Faulk isn’t really anymore than an average puck mover, Parayko and Leddy are pretty much skate exit guys, not really movers.

Ideally it’d be nice to get a guy who’s reliable defensively and has a good first pass but doesn’t have a great ozone game to pair with Faulk. The ozone game would be nice, but we’d be looking at a #1 guy if they fit all the criteria, which I don’t know how you find one of those
Pretty sure Tyler Tucker is a better puck mover than Gudas.

You pretty much just described Vak to a tee(defensively reliable, good first pass but no real offensive game).
Put Vak with Faullk and I think you'd have a really solid 2nd pair.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I agree with you 100% but at this point I’m expecting Army to say hold my beer
That's my concern. I thought we had accepted a rebuild without mentioning the R word. Trading a good pick to move a contract implies that Army wants to make a push this year, which feels an awful lot like 22-23 where we're just fooling ourselves and ignoring all the warts. I had a ton of faith in Army going into the weekend. I think we all did. But now it feels like we're gonna make mistakes again.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, for a cheap option, I can see some upside there. At a bare minimum, I'd prefer him over some of our 6/7/8 options, especially if we aren't able to move Krug.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yeah, for a cheap option, I can see some upside there. At a bare minimum, I'd prefer him over some of our 6/7/8 options, especially if we aren't able to move Krug.
Better than Tucker and Peru is low bar. We need legit top 4 lhd because none of our kids will be ready for next couple years and by then leddy will be up. Vaak ain’t it. If he wants to sign for $1mm or so, fine. But I don’t want to pay $2-3mm or more (for more than a year at least) for someone who isn’t legit top 4 guy.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Better than Tucker and Peru is low bar. We need legit top 4 lhd because none of our kids will be ready for next couple years and by then leddy will be up. Vaak ain’t it. If he wants to sign for $1mm or so, fine. But I don’t want to pay $2-3mm or more (for more than a year at least) for someone who isn’t legit too 4 guy.
I don't think he'll get much, could easily see him simply getting a flyer from a non-playoff team that will simply offer him a shot at a role. Not being qualified by one of the worst teams leads to you not being in high demand.

I'd view it similar to Valimaki with Utah. Go in with low expectations, and hope that a change of scenery, bigger role, or better partner can help them reach that potential. I don't want to go crazy on these types of flyers, and not every flyer will pan out, but you can see the benefit Florida had with Forsling.

Last edited:
Reactions: mk80 and Blueston

LetsGoBooze

Dickinson was in range...
Jan 16, 2012
Wouldnt have minded picking up Boqvist in the Tex deal. Im all for giving the kid a one year try out while we are in re-tool phase.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Remember when Vaak was the ask for a lot of us for Schenn? I'd be on board taking a flyer on his talent.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Alright Blues fans, place your bets. What moves do we see Army make today or over the next couple of days? I think we'll see the return of Edmundson on a short term deal and someone like Wennberg. I could see us interested in Roslovic but he seems like more of a winger than center.

A lot depends on Buch. If he's moved then we'd likely grab someone like Roslovic or Skinner. If they think he can play 2C, then maybe we shift away from the thin market of soon-to-be-overpaid centers and grab a wing instead.

I'm somewhat intrigued by some of the young D-men who are available like Lundkvist, Brannstrom or Boqvist but only on a low-dollar prove it contract. We really only have a spot for one more NHL-level D so will be interesting who they get to fill that role.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Alright Blues fans, place your bets. What moves do we see Army make today or over the next couple of days? I think we'll see the return of Edmundson on a short term deal and someone like Wennberg. I could see us interested in Roslovic but he seems like more of a winger than center.

A lot depends on Buch. If he's moved then we'd likely grab someone like Roslovic or Skinner. If they think he can play 2C, then maybe we shift away from the thin market of soon-to-be-overpaid centers and grab a wing instead.

I'm somewhat intrigued by some of the young D-men who are available like Lundkvist, Brannstrom or Boqvist but only on a low-dollar prove it contract. We really only have a spot for one more NHL-level D so will be interesting who they get to fill that role.

He better damn well sign Perron

Reactions: LogosBlue

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I really hope we don’t get too involved in FA unless it is cheap and short term, bargain barrel signings and that those signings don’t block young players from getting playing time (assuming that is best for their development)..

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I can be on board with being active in free agency, and I'm fine if we end up spending decent money, but really want 3-4 year contracts at the max. Even if it means paying a bit of a premium year to year to get it done, I don't want Steen to be tied into anything crazy. Saad has 2 more years, Leddy has 2 more years, so I can see the argument of bringing in a couple good vets now around 28-30, that essentially take over their roles when they walk at the end of their deals.

Make sure that Steen still has cap flexibility and make sure that our prospects don't get blocked. Not even worried about the Dvorsky's and Snuggerud's, but the prospects in the 3rd pair and bottom 6 roles. Guys like Kessel, Dean, Buchinger, etc. Players that aren't likely to be instant impacts and need lesser roles to start to actually develop.

As an example, I do think getting a solid #2 center, ideally a playmaking one would go a long way in resolving our issue of, that player can just play with Thomas. Thomas only has 2 wingers, Kyrou, Bolduc, Dvorsky, and Snuggerud all can't play with him in the coming years to maxmize their goal scoring potential. A play-making center I think would really aid in the development of Bolduc, Dvorsky, and Snuggerud. I'm going with an assumption that Dvorsky starts on the wing in this scenario like Thomas did, or even a situation where center duties sort of get shared, whatever is best for the team and his development.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And maybe it's me reading too much into it, but if Army is saying that Schenn is intended to be the 3rd line center, and Buchnevich is penciled in as the 2nd line center, that's him screaming to me that he's pursuing an actual 2nd line center. At this point, if we had confidence in Buchnevich at center, I don't think he'd be bouncing back between center and wing.

The only way it works is if he significantly improves in the faceoff circle, or we had another top 6 winger that was great on faceoffs, like Brady Tkachuk, Rantanen, or Landeskog. Not saying we make moves for them, just highlighting a few top 6 wingers that are very good at faceoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00