Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I'm somewhat intrigued to see Laine paired with Thomas but only as a buy low candidate and preferably with salary retention.
How many players do we plan on playing Thomas with?
Or do we just plan on playing Thomas 60 minutes a night, every night?

At some point, we really need to put the focus on players that don't need to be with Thomas to produce offense.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Anyone think a Krug and Kotkaniemi swap is realistic?
No he is finn.

giphy.gif

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I could be on board with Laine in a scenario where Kyrou was traded. Don't really see either as realistic though. I do hope we pursue some of those expensive 2 year players though. It won't impact Steen's cap situation, unless they are a great fit and want to stay, and might offer an opportunity to move a cheaper, but longer term contract from our books.

I know some would hate it, but I have kind of wondered about Trouba, and that wouldn't shock me either.

Feels like there are a lot of rumors out there of players moving, I'll be curious if it's what typically happens and there's a lot less movement compared to what's rumored, or if the increased cap leads to more moves.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I’d rather have Dvorsky and Dean as our 2C and 3C and move out Krug another way. Also, Krug isn’t as bad as people say. That dude plays his balls off night in and night out.

I’m not sure it’s to the point where we can really foresee Dean being a 3C yet. He didn’t really show anything last year. He had a good stretch run in Springfield though after Bolduc got called up if I remember right.

He’s still young. Not overly concerned. But i think it’s a bit premature to make that decision yet.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I could be on board with Laine in a scenario where Kyrou was traded. Don't really see either as realistic though. I do hope we pursue some of those expensive 2 year players though. It won't impact Steen's cap situation, unless they are a great fit and want to stay, and might offer an opportunity to move a cheaper, but longer term contract from our books.

I know some would hate it, but I have kind of wondered about Trouba, and that wouldn't shock me either.

Feels like there are a lot of rumors out there of players moving, I'll be curious if it's what typically happens and there's a lot less movement compared to what's rumored, or if the increased cap leads to more moves.
I assisted in moderating the playoffs board, and I ended up with the Rangers. I watched every game. This may come as an unpopular opinion, but I would take Trouba on the Blues in a heartbeat. His compete is off the charts.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think Trouba has rapidly become the most underrated player in the league among online hockey fans. I keep seeing Rangers fans acting like he's a below-replacement level player, claiming that the Rangers bent over backwards to shelter him, and blaming basically all problems on him. Listening to the online Rangers community, you would expect him to either be getting bottom pair minutes and/or rocking a gigantic minus. The general consensus seems to be that simply erasing him from the roster would improve the Rangers, even if they have to eat salary to do it.

The reality is that he is the no-doubt #3 for the Rangers and played a hefty defensive role against quality competition. In the playoffs, he put up underlying numbers right in line with the rest of the Rangers top 4, ended up with an even +/- (-1 at 5 on 5), and was on their top PK unit that went 84%. He also had 7 points, which was 2nd on the Rangers (just 1 point shy of Fox). Turns out he was playing through a broken ankle.

He might be the best example of a guy who seems to be getting shopped based on the opinion of online fans, but is almost surely still viewed as a critical player by his team. I'd be shocked if the Rangers moved Trouba.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I love watching the Blues playoff run and seeing Trouba be in the box on key tying PP goals and also haplessly "protecting" the puck in a tied Game 5 with 15 seconds to play before sudden death. Whether or not he is overrated or underrated, the way he plays is garbage. Honestly when he went airborne to try to injure another person justice would have been his neck snapped upon connecting with the boards and he spends the rest of his life sitting in a chair. I hate Trouba. He is the kind of human competitor who is garbage. A bum who cannot beat anyone straight up. Needs to injure. One of the scummiest players in the NHL. Life pride should involve defeating people like this in life in general

And no what he does off the ice doesn't absolve any of the behavior on the ice. That is not how life works

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I love watching the Blues playoff run and seeing Trouba be in the box on key tying PP goals and also haplessly "protecting" the puck in a tied Game 5 with 15 seconds to play before sudden death. Whether or not he is overrated or underrated, the way he plays is garbage. Honestly when he went airborne to try to injure another person justice would have been his neck snapped upon connecting with the boards and he spends the rest of his life sitting in a chair. I hate Trouba. He is the kind of human competitor who is garbage. A bum who cannot beat anyone straight up. Needs to injure. One of the scummiest players in the NHL. Life pride should involve defeating people like this in life in general

And no what he does off the ice doesn't absolve any of the behavior on the ice. That is not how life works
It is kind of funny when he talks about health related topics off ice considering many of the dirty hits he's given in his career.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
It is kind of funny when he talks about health related topics off ice considering many of the dirty hits he's given in his career.
Right? People who approve of what he does agree that some people's right to compete in whatever fashion is more important than some people's right to exist physically uncrippled. And that's just so twisted, and it is a philosophy that undergirds the ongoing sixth extinction, so humans aren't better than it. But it's still twisted

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.

Holy hell man. Wanting someone to break their neck and spend the rest of their life being disabled is a bit much.

Reactions: Blueston

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Holy hell man. Wanting someone to break their neck and spend the rest of their life being disabled is a bit much.
Don't you dare with this. I am saying if the man wants to launch himself toward the boards like that in order to seriously injure another person and he fails in his intent he should be very open to the exact thing he was trying to do.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Don't you dare with this. I am saying if the man wants to launch himself toward the boards like that in order to seriously injure another person and he fails in his intent he should be very open to the exact thing he was trying to do.

Too bad. Wishing that upon someone you’ve never met before is an extremely tough look.

I’m also sure you had zero issue with Sunny, Barbie, and Blais absolutely blowing people up in the playoffs. We had multiple suspensions on that run for bad hits, and let’s not forget Barbashev broke Sam Girard’s sternum on a huge hit in that series against the Avs in 22.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Ekblad for Faulk? In a heartbeat! But no way Florida does that.

Oh I don't think Faulk would be their target but the Blues could not afford nearly 20mil down the rhd side. I just feel like Ekblad would fit with the narrative Army was pushing at the end of the year. Fits into our "core age group" and gives the struggling defense a new look.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
He is 28, and has one year left on his contract, at 7.5. And, he is owed a 3m signing bonus on July 1st. Hmmm, not so sure about him now.

Yeah I am kind of in the same boat to be honest. I just saw it scrolling through twitter and thought it is maybe someone Army would try to target.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Too bad. Wishing that upon someone you’ve never met before is an extremely tough look.

I’m also sure you had zero issue with Sunny, Barbie, and Blais absolutely blowing people up in the playoffs. We had multiple suspensions on that run for bad hits, and let’s not forget Barbashev broke Sam Girard’s sternum on a huge hit in that series against the Avs in 22.
Now come on, it's not like our guys went out there throwing chicken wings to get someone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad