Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I'm not ready to give up on Snuggerud yet. I actually really like the fact that he has a shoot first mentality as our current crop of players have a tendency to over pass. That being said if someone came along and offered a top RHD prospect I might be convinced to move him as we have several guys with upper end offensive potential (Dvorsky, Snuggy, Pekarcik, Stenberg, Bolduc) and not enough with upper end defense potential.

Reactions: BlueMed

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
For a team that struggles scoring, trading a guy with the scoring ability of Snuggerud would be a mistake we would come to regret pretty quickly, I think.
  1. Don't count on guys to break out before they're 23, especially college guys. If they do, great. But I wouldn't make too many drastic evaluations before they reach that D+5 season.
  2. I haven't watched any Minny games, but we don't know what Snuggerud is working on / through right now. Is he focusing on a 200-foot game? Does his team need him to be defense first? Is he nursing an injury? All sorts of things could be going on that don't show up on the scoresheet.
  3. He is over PPG in college hockey. That's not a guy you give up on. The goals will come. It's a weaker team than they had last year or the year before, so more attention is on him than before. That's a good thing. It's better he work out how to succeed in that scenario in college hockey than struggle at it in the NHL.
Snuggerud is very much in our long term plans, and there is no reason to change those plans based on 6 games.
I'm also curious if Minnesota has been rolling 4 lines more than they will later in the season because it gives their lesser players more ice time against these weaker opponents.

I don't share the opinion that he's regressed as a prospect, though I can see why the stat lines would make people think that. I do feel like returning to Minnesota this season is a wasted year of development for him. At the end of the day, is it going to matter long-term? Probably not. I still expect to see Snuggerud settle in as our 2nd line RW and PP trigger man very quickly. His shot is lethal.

I wouldn't deal him unless it's part of a package that nets us one of two of the big missing pieces: a 2C or a top pairing D-man. He is the type of prospect that could move a deal like that along.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Snuggerud is playing with a freshman center who has 2 points. They're only 6 games into the season. Relax. Wish he would have come out this year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad