Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
That's a really weird interpretation. The NCAA admitting McGill? What?

My point is that college hockey in Canada has an opportunity to expand and develop. As @Brockon posted, there are, indeed, opportunities to play college hockey in Canada, but the level of play is not NHL pre-draft quality.

I love the idea of CHL players transferring to the best college hockey programs in the US. That's a fantastic idea. What is also a fantastic idea is for college hockey programs in Canada to develop a league as a developmental track to go along with the CHL. We have NCAA and USHL and the U has mucho opportunity to expand and develop.

I doubt that ever happens to be honest. Despite the attempts to draw talent into the USports program, the preferred development path for talented players has always been a blend of the CHL or BCHL, AJHL, OJHL followed by US NCAA colleges depending on personal preference.

I don't foresee a USports program ever attaining a relevant developmental path recognition, largely because of the difference in population, population density and distance between reputable universities and colleges with hockey programs makes playing meaningful games challenging. There doesn't seem to be a desire to grow the USports circuit into a program that rivals the CHL. I'm not informed enough to know the nuances of why there hasn't been a push for this.

And that's ignoring that many post-secondary institutions here don't have hockey teams. 32/436 institutions have hockey programs, of which 8/32 are located West of Ontario - making travel for games difficult as Winnipeg and Vancouver (most distant of such institutions) are 1400 miles apart.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I doubt that ever happens to be honest. Despite the attempts to draw talent into the USports program, the preferred development path for talented players has always been a blend of the CHL or BCHL, AJHL, OJHL followed by US NCAA colleges depending on personal preference.

I don't foresee a USports program ever attaining a relevant developmental path recognition, largely because of the difference in population, population density and distance between reputable universities and colleges with hockey programs makes playing meaningful games challenging. There doesn't seem to be a desire to grow the USports circuit into a program that rivals the CHL. I'm not informed enough to know the nuances of why there hasn't been a push for this.

And that's ignoring that many post-secondary institutions here don't have hockey teams. 32/436 institutions have hockey programs, of which 8/32 are located West of Ontario - making travel for games difficult as Winnipeg and Vancouver (most distant of such institutions) are 1400 miles apart.
Cool. Thank you for the response. Like I said before, it would be a tall order. But in the end it’s a just a thought. Just an idea. That’s all it was.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Maybe it's just me, but I still don't understand the point you were trying to make.
It’s simple, Bro. Follow along.

Developing college hockey in Canada would be good.

Did you catch that?

I was utterly baffled by your interpretations and don’t see how it is possible to come to those conclusions.

The only leaps made were by you.

Reactions: BlueDream

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It’s simple, Bro. Follow along.

Developing college hockey in Canada would be good.

Did you catch that?

I was utterly baffled by your interpretations and don’t see how it is possible to come to those conclusions.

The only leaps made were by you.
This makes no sense. They already have college hockey in Canada! What are you developing by sending their top players to US colleges?!?!

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
This makes no sense. They already have college hockey in Canada! What are you developing by sending their top players to US colleges?!?!
I can’t continue this non-conversation. I get the feeling that you’re reading between the lines and trying to interpret a deeper meaning in a most unnecessary manner.

Whatever.

Reactions: BlueDream

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Pretty sure ChicagoBlues is just stating he wants the Canadian College hockey programs to be brought up to par with US College hockey programs so they can churn out better prospects like CHL and NCAA does. At least that's what my brain is reading.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Pretty sure ChicagoBlues is just stating he wants the Canadian College hockey programs to be brought up to par with US College hockey programs so they can churn out better prospects like CHL and NCAA does. At least that's what my brain is reading.
That seems like a dumb idea! Why would someone want to duplicate the spectacular clusterf!ck that is the NCAA?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: ChicagoBlues

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
@Bye Bye Blueston

Read this post over and over until it sinks in.
While I do get what @ChicagoBlues is saying here, I think the more imminent goal for NCAA should be to expand the sport south in to the SEC and Big 12. ASU has been a success and that school is not even that into NCAA sports. Imagine big time athletic schools like Alabama, Texas, or UGA having D1 hockey teams. Lots of these schools already have club teams and I think hockey could take off there, leading to growth at the youth level in non traditional non NHL markets. Ideally the CHL path gives the NCAA a much larger talent base, so there's sufficient depth to roster 30-50 more D1 programs at large schools. That should be the goal, create a sport that is similar to basketball or baseball at the NCAA level (obviously popularity to that level is maybe unattainable) and get it into as many big schools as possible. Anyways, enough of that, lets see how these Blues prospects do at training camp!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad