Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Lukas Fischer was thrust into a crazy situation at 17 years old where he was asked to step into a huge amount of minutes for Sarnia and he showed a ton of poise when he hit 28 minutes per game during the most demanding stretch of what was asked of him. I've seen that same poise when he's handling the puck or waiting for an outlet to open up and it's a demeanor pro's appreciate from a young defender.

Agree on Ralphie boy, this season will be a huge adjustment for him and we should be forgiving if he gets off to a slow D1 start.
Definitely excited to see how L. Fischer and Ralph handle this next season. Ralph getting adjusted to tougher competition, and Fischer expanding his role. Curious for Jiricek, but hopeful he goes to the CHL to hone in all of his skills that he does well. I think he'll be able to get more help training as well; needs to develop his lower body a lot after this injury. We saw McDavid repair his knee magically without surgery, so strengthening the knees would do Jiricek well in the future.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Ralph could go the ‘crash and burn Mav’ direction or he’s the next Chara.

Flame away.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Little write up on the team USA defenders during the WJSS from Chris Peters at Flo hockey:

Paul Fischer, LHD (STL)​

Fischer had a strong camp. He’s a high-end skater and smart defender, but doesn’t have much to offer offensively beyond a good first pass. He was more active in this camp jumping into plays and making himself a more credible threat. I think he could be a shutdown guy for this team very easily, likely as a five or six, killing penalties and getting some tougher matchups. To me, he's probably on the bubble to make it, but I think he'll have a strong case to be invited to December camp.

Lukas Fischer, LHD (STL)​

There’s a lot to like about Fischer’s game, which is so clearly still in development. He has a rawness to him, but there were some flashes of good offense and physical defending. He shoots the puck hard and showed some better hands than I thought. He’s a big guy with good mobility and while I think the best is yet to come, I don’t foresee him being on this roster in December.

Colin Ralph, LHD (STL)​

Ralph is a massive human and I can see a lot of the potential there in him. I don’t think it will materialize quickly enough for him to be on USA’s roster this year. He has some really intriguing physical elements, but I didn’t like a lot of his puck decisions and thought he struggled with the pace of this tournament at times. That said, he had his best game against Canada and was able to effectively ramp up his physicality. I don't think he's quite ready to be trusted at the World Junior level, but the flashes he showed against Canada gave me a little more optimism for how his freshman season will go at St. Cloud State.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Pekarcik's rights in the QMJHL have been traded from Acadie-Bathurst to Moncton. Moncton are contenders this season and they just signed Swedish defenseman Loke Johansson.

2024-08-01Acadie-BathurstJuraj Pekarcik
(2005-09-12)
MonctonRD_3,2026 Bat

And on their website the Wildcats have him in their locker room doing an interview with the jersey on.

Catching up on stuff after a few days away.

This is good news. I know Pekarcik preferred to not play in the Q but Moncton is much more English speaking than Acadie/Bathurst, right?

Moncton will be good for him. Sounds like they’ll be a good team. I’ll be interested to see if MacDougall can transfer his success from USports to the CHL.

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Catching up on after a few days away.

This is good news. I know Pekarcik preferred to not play in the Q but Moncton is much more English speaking than Acadie/Bathurst, right?

Moncton will be good for him. Sounds like they’ll be a good team. I’ll be interested to see if MacDougall can transfer his success from USports to the CHL.
New Brunswick has two official languages; English and then French. NB is majority English speaking at roughly 2/3.

Reactions: tfriede2

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
Theo Lindstein - Top point producing D in IIHF World JR. Championship 7GP 2G 6A 8P +9
Otto Stenburg - Top Blues prospect in points during competition 7GP 5G 4A 9P +7 (tied w/ Rutger McGroarty)
Jimmy Snuggerud - Tied with Maklin Celebrini in points 6GP 5G 3A 8P +7
Dalibor Dvorsky & Jacob Stancl each had 6 points in the world jr. (Dvorsky only played 5 games/Stancl played 7)

Loving our prospects in the 2024 World Jr. this year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Good reports on the USA dmen. Fischer is looking like he could be a Kessel type for us, a solid late round pick with NHL upside, and then Ralph and Fischer have some clear raw upside in the game, will be interesting to see how they develop, as they do have some significant upside IMO.

I hope Lindstein has a big year, he definitely gives me hope that he can be a gem.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Have they announced what players will be turning pro in the AHL this upcoming season or going back overseas yet? I know they said Jiricek was going to the CHL, and Lindstein and Stenberg is going back to the European men's leagues. But is anyone like Kaskimaki or Robertsson coming over for the AHL?

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Have they announced what players will be turning pro in the AHL this upcoming season or going back overseas yet? I know they said Jiricek was going to the CHL, and Lindstein and Stenberg is going back to the European men's leagues. But is anyone like Kaskimaki or Robertsson coming over for the AHL?
I’m fairly certain Robertsson will be in Springfield this upcoming season.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I've heard an article about Tanner Dickinson on the Post Dispatch, discussing him at length. I have no access because it's making you pay money for articles (and I refuse to give money to it, even if I had any), but I've always found Dickinson to be an intriguing prospect with his skating and ability to play center. May only be an AHL forward at best, but I wish the kid the best of luck and admire his dedication after an injury that could've easily ended his career then and there.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I've heard an article about Tanner Dickinson on the Post Dispatch, discussing him at length. I have no access because it's making you pay money for articles (and I refuse to give money to it, even if I had any), but I've always found Dickinson to be an intriguing prospect with his skating and ability to play center. May only be an AHL forward at best, but I wish the kid the best of luck and admire his dedication after an injury that could've easily ended his career then and there.
Yep, he seems to have an inner drive. The Blues' FO seems to like him and want to keep him, but, of course, he needs to improve. He came back from the broken femur, but didn't exactly light it up in the E. Totally rooting for him!

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
EP released their Top 100 Affiliated Prospects list today. The Blues had 4 on the list:

22. Dalibor Dvorsky
29. Jimmy Snuggerud
80. Adam Jiricek
92. Otto Stenberg

Not sure how you leave Lindstein off this list but I imagine it has more to do with their low initial pre-draft ranking than anything else. He's obviously improved his stock.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
EP released their Top 100 Affiliated Prospects list today. The Blues had 4 on the list:

22. Dalibor Dvorsky
29. Jimmy Snuggerud
80. Adam Jiricek
92. Otto Stenberg

Not sure how you leave Lindstein off this list but I imagine it has more to do with their low initial pre-draft ranking than anything else. He's obviously improved his stock.

Not only is Lindstein a major omission over a large number of other prospects but I'd argue he is above both Jiricek and Stenberg just internally.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00