Prospect Info: Blues 2021-2022 Prospects Thread Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I was sold on Bolduc after I watched him in one preseason game. He stood out to me that much. I don't even think he scored any points but the dude looked nothing like an 18-year old.

Reactions: teddygmr

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I was sold on Bolduc after I watched him in one preseason game. He stood out to me that much. I don't even think he scored any points but the dude looked nothing like an 18-year old.

I can honestly say I was not. In fact, I was thinking he would be a good trade bait in December. He didn't even get invited to the Canadian WJC Camp. Since he has really turned it up. Production since December is nearly 2 points per game. Lot of goals. He is turning into what I had hoped he would.

On a side Note: Noah Beck - seems to be producing at Clarkson University. 18 points in 34 games, which is way up from 2 in 20. Anyone have any reviews on him. He is 6'4"

Last edited:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
IIRC, wasn’t he considered a potential top 10 pick a year or two before his draft but fell due to injury/sub par play?

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
IIRC, wasn’t he considered a potential top 10 pick a year or two before his draft but fell due to injury/sub par play?
He had a really good rookie year in the QMHL where he scored 30 goals. He was definitely projected in the top 10 following his rookie year going into his draft year. That season was severly effected by covid and his whole team played poorly. He missed the last few games with an injury also. Just enough red flags for him to slip from the top of the 1st to the middle. He started slowly this season probably due to an early injury. He was also on a new junior team and started late due to being in camp with the Blues.

Top Ten in scoring and tied for 4th in goals in the QMHL. Also youngest player in top 10. He's actually the type of player that the Blues lack right now. An elite shot scoring winger who actually looks to shoot first. His shooting ability realy stands out in all scouting reports I've read and all the highlights I've seen. He's a guy that can score from any spot.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
He had a really good rookie year in the QMHL where he scored 30 goals. He was definitely projected in the top 10 following his rookie year going into his draft year. That season was severly effected by covid and his whole team played poorly. He missed the last few games with an injury also. Just enough red flags for him to slip from the top of the 1st to the middle. He started slowly this season probably due to an early injury. He was also on a new junior team and started late due to being in camp with the Blues.

Top Ten in scoring and tied for 4th in goals in the QMHL. Also youngest player in top 10. He's actually the type of player that the Blues lack right now. An elite shot scoring winger who actually looks to shoot first. His shooting ability realy stands out in all scouting reports I've read and all the highlights I've seen. He's a guy that can score from any spot.

Did not realize that Bolduc won the Mike Bossy Award as Best NHL prospect in 2021.

Previous winners include - Alexis Lafreniere, Nico Hischier, Nikolaj Ehlers, Jonathan Drouin, Sean Couturier, Sidney Crosby, Marc-Andre Fleury.

Reactions: teddygmr and Spear

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I can honestly say I was not. In fact, I was thinking he would be a good trade bait in December. He didn't even get invited to the Canadian WJC Camp. Since he has really turned it up. Production since December is nearly 2 points per game. Lot of goals. He is turning into what I had hoped he would.

On a side Note: Noah Beck - seems to be producing at Clarkson University. 18 points in 34 games, which is way up from 2 in 20. Anyone have any reviews on him. He is 6'4"
Well you gotta give prospects more time. They shouldn’t be trade bait within 6 months of being drafted.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Well you gotta give prospects more time. They shouldn’t be trade bait within 6 months of being drafted.

For a top pairing LHD everyone one should be considered. It was much easier to pick him to trade over Neighbors at the time. Now I would go the other way

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Only one goal, and one assist, and the first star.

Wow, that's a pretty incredible shot.

Also, just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for keeping us Blues fans updated on Bolduc! I never get to see full Q games. Try to catch some highlights here and there, but most of the Bolduc updates I get are from you in this thread, and I really appreciate it :thumbu:

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Since the prospect pool for the Blues is so thin, its nice to see both Bolduc and Neighbors on track to be NHL contributors, rather than going the way of Bokk.

Which is why I believe Armstrong views them as untouchable, much like he did Thomas and Kyrou. We're going to need them sooner than later due to cap constraints.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

As a Habs fan, I have to point out Joshua Roy and Riley Kidney are both younger (a few months) and in the top 10. Roy is even #1 in points in the QMJHL.

:teach:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
A sports journalist in Quebec spoke with Tim Taylor about Bolduc, and with the player himself. They explain the difference between now and the beginning of the season.

Here's the translated article :

The Blues delighted by Bolduc

The first-round pick changed his lifestyle

St. Louis Blues Director of Player Development Tim Taylor admits forward Zachary Bolduc hasn't had the start of the season they expected. However, for the past two months, the Blues have seen exactly the player they picked 17th overall in the last draft.

Before facing the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada on Wednesday night, Bolduc had scored 14 goals and 24 points in 14 games since February 1. We see him being more and more comfortable with the Quebec Remparts, who acquired him this summer, shortly after he was drafted.

He has often admitted it himself: at the start of the season, he took a long time to find his rhythm when he returned from the Blues camp.

In addition to the traditional slump typical of players returning from professional experience, Bolduc had to deal with a lack of energy and sleep problems.

"We talk to him every day. In October and November, he felt like he had no energy and he had trouble getting to sleep and he had trouble adjusting,” Taylor explained in a phone interview with Le Journal on Monday.

5000 daily calories

The Blues then made resources available to Bolduc in order to solve this problem.

“I had several meetings with the Blues staff. They now make me eat 5000 calories a day, so about six meals. That's really what helped me. I also go outside more often for some air. We arrive at the arena at 7-8 a.m. and when we leave around 3 p.m., it is dark. When I have the chance to sunbathe, it helps with my energy."

These 5000 calories – compared to the 3500 he ingested on average before – allowed him to gain some 5 lbs of muscle mass in a few months.

“I feel stronger, more powerful and more confident on the ice. Going from 175 to 180 lbs in the middle of the season is still exceptional."

During our interview, Taylor often gave credit to the Quebec Remparts coaching staff – Patrick Roy in the lead – for the impact they've had on Bolduc's development this season.

Challenge accepted

“Patrick was a big influence on Zach. He talks to him every day and for us it has been a huge help. Patrick had the chance to play with several good players and he challenged him a lot this year. He made him understand that he can't just be a goalscorer. You have to make sure that when the coach looks at his bench, it's your name that he calls, regardless of whether you're leading by a goal or trailing. If you want to play in the NHL, you can't do it just by being a good sniper. You have to play the right way if you want to make a career out of it."

A challenge that Bolduc seems to have accepted and the results are convincing.

“I think I'm more engaged. My involvement as much in my physical game as being first on the puck, I think these are things that make the difference. I used to play outside the faceoff spots and now I go more in the middle and that probably explains the goals I've scored recently."

Les Blues ravis par Bolduc

Reactions: Brian39

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
That was a good read. Seems like all of the kids didn’t show up last night.

But Noah Beck did. Potted a goal for Clarksom as they take a 1:0 lead in their playoff series.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Not elite prospects, but the Blues do have five defensemen in they system that could make it.

Tyler Tucker LHD 6'1" 204 22 years old
Matthew Kessel RHD 6'2" 205 22 years old
Leo Loof LHD 6'2" 176 20 years old
Tyson Galloway LHD 6'4" 206 19 years old
Noah Beck LHD 6'4" 184 21 years old

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Beck had an assist as Clarkson is through to the next round.

Peterson‘s season is over. Hopefully he builds on his play from this year.

Kessell didn’t score last night but University of Mass is moving on To the next round with their win.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Not elite prospects, but the Blues do have five defensemen in they system that could make it.

Tyler Tucker LHD 6'1" 204 22 years old
Matthew Kessel RHD 6'2" 205 22 years old
Leo Loof LHD 6'2" 176 20 years old
Tyson Galloway LHD 6'4" 206 19 years old
Noah Beck LHD 6'4" 184 21 years old
Noah Beck is RHD

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Noah Beck is RHD
Thanks, some sites have him listed as LHD, some RHD.

Here's the ECAC tournament schedule

GAME SCHEDULE

Semifinal 1: Friday, March 18 (4 pm)

No. 1 Quinnipic vs. No. 5 Colgate

Semifinal 2: Friday, March 18 (7:30 pm)

No. 2 Clarkson vs. No. 3 Harvard

Championship: Saturday, March 19 (7:30 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad