Blues #1 goaltender race Allen vs. Binnington vs. Husso?

Blues #1 goaltender?

• Jake Allen

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • Jordan Binnington

Votes: 95 74.8%
  • Ville Husso

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Jared Koreau

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Evan Fitzpatrick

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2002
I want to say I can't believe Binnington hasn't had a start yet, but I can. I expect they will throw him to the wolves when necessary and try to protect Allen otherwise.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I want to say I can't believe Binnington hasn't had a start yet, but I can. I expect they will throw him to the wolves when necessary and try to protect Allen otherwise.
I think in this point we'll see start from Binnington.

I would love if we send Allen to San Antonio and bring Husso up. I could imagine Allen's fanboys go totally furious about it. @TheDizee would leave the St Louis and go Siperia with Berglund. :naughty:

Reactions: Bendak

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I wish it was none of them.

I know SA is trash but Husso and Binnington don't look like anything special.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don't understand what we're voting for. Our preference?

Allen is the starter. My preference doesn't matter. I'm looking forward to Binnington getting his first start soon. Hopefully he can get in a zone and get some confidence. But he hasn't ever struck me as that guy.

Why is Husso even on the list?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I think in this point we'll see start from Binnington.

I would love if we send Allen to San Antonio and bring Husso up. I could imagine Allen's fanboys go totally furious about it. @TheDizee would leave the St Louis and go Siperia with Berglund. :naughty:
Why aren't we seeing Husso?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I wish it was none of them.

I know SA is trash but Husso and Binnington don't look like anything special.
Binnington have given time to show up, clad for him finally getting change to play NHL. This might be his final change.

This just is Husso's 3rd year in NA.
I'm going to be critical after this season if he doesn't stand out.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
If Bennington doesn't get a start soon will they send him down to SA for a start or two there and call up Husso to back up Allen? Normally you want to give your goalies some work other just practice. The next back-to-back isn't until Jan 7-8 and it seems like they are riding Allen as the best bet to get us back into wildcard contention.

Reactions: cardinalnation

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
This thread is confusing. There's nothing to discuss. Husso isn't in the conversation. He needs to prove he's an AHL goalie first. Binnington has never started an NHL game. Allen, we know well. He's not the starter we want, but he's the starter we have. Hopefully he can at least play at this level for the rest of the season. BUT EVEN IF HE DOES, I still want a different goalie next season. I don't trust him and I don't like the way the team responds (or fails to) to him. But there is no conversation to have based on the poll in this thread.

It would be better to just make a poll that says, "I hate Allen.... A) a lot, B) more than that, C) eh, I guess he's OK right now.

But there's nobody else. Binnington needs to get his first few starts and find out if he's got anything special mentally. At least I hope he punches someone out.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Just another lame excuse to bash Jake Allen. Unnecessary! I noticed how silent everyone was after Allen stole that last game and after he played well in Edmonton. He is not good enough to lead them to a Cup, I get it. Kind of sad so many here can't ev n give credit when he deserves it though. Pretty childish actually. Not uncommon these days though. Once people formed an opinion it wouldn't matter if this guy was farting gold dust and told the future in his spare time. He is still the worst goalie in history.

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Just another lame excuse to bash Jake Allen. Unnecessary! I noticed how silent everyone was after Allen stole that last game and after he played well in Edmonton. He is not good enough to lead them to a Cup, I get it. Kind of sad so many here can't ev n give credit when he deserves it though. Pretty childish actually. Not uncommon these days though. Once people formed an opinion it wouldn't matter if this guy was farting gold dust and told the future in his spare time. He is still the worst goalie in history.
People have given credit to Allen when he has deserve it. Its hard to find those days and posts, 'cus he sucks 90% of time. I fully understand your feelings, its hard to be Allen fanboy.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
People have given credit to Allen when he has deserve it. Its hard to find those days and posts, 'cus he sucks 90% of time. I fully understand your feelings, its hard to be Allen fanboy.

Nah I am a St. Louis Blues fanboy. I root for the players that tie that sweater down. What must suck is getting your feelings hurt by one player to the point you actively hope he fails. Well if he fails the Blues fail. You go ahead and follow the team however you see fit, and I will follow them how I see fit. By the way Merry Christmas Ransku across the pond! Every Blues fan is a good fan in my book.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Nah I am a St. Louis Blues fanboy. I root for the players that tie that sweater down. What must suck is getting your feelings hurt by one player to the point you actively hope he fails. Well if he fails the Blues fail. You go ahead and follow the team however you see fit, and I will follow them how I see fit. By the way Merry Christmas Ransku across the pond! Every Blues fan is a good fan in my book.
I don't hope Allen fails. He has shown he isn't the right guy for Blues system.

I see Allen could be real #1 goaltender in other team in NHL. He is one the top 5 goaltender in athletism and reflex catergory.

This is like broken record post, but looks like I've to repeat myself when here is still members who think that they know what I think of something, totally misunderstood my posts.

I fully understand I speak too openly or too directly and people get offended by that, but it is what I am. Im sorry for that and I'm trying to learn fix it.

You too happy xmas and holidays.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I root for every Blues player every game.

However when Allen, JBo, Maroon, not long ago Lehtera and others suck it up doesn't mean they don't deserve to get trashed here and there. Allen overall hasnt been good this season. I hope he figures it out and I will root for him every game he plays.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

However when Allen, JBo, Maroon, not long ago Lehtera and others suck it up doesn't mean they don't deserve to get trashed here and there. Allen overall hasnt been good this season. I hope he figures it out and I will root for him every game he plays.
Allen has been bad 2 season already. I remember only 1 playoff series what he stealed and that gave him long term contract and #1 goaltender spot.

Allen's contract is one of the worst one what Army has done.

Reactions: Bendak

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Allen has been bad 2 season already. I remember only 1 playoff series what he stealed and that gave him long term contract and #1 goaltender spot.

Allen's contract is one of the worst one what Army has done.
I agree. I do not think Allen is a good goalie. But I will root for him as long as he is a Blue.

Just like I root for other bad players the Blues have. I know how to understand that the player is not good but still cheer for them because they are on my team.

Reactions: cardinalnation

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
You

I am not talking about that though. I never said players don't deserve to get trashed when then play poorly. My point is Allen has had a number if games where he was very good and a few when he has been flat out great like the last game. Guy let's in a soft goal and this board lights up
Like O'Hare airport on Christmas Eve. He dominates a game, Crickets. That is my point. You know you like credibility in my eyes when you are unable to see both sides of a coin. I try to call things as I see them, for me it is not personal. If I can root for a guy like Steve Ott I can root for Jake Allen. So I am not touting Allen for vthe Vezina, he still gives up too many weak goals and I don't see him as the long term answer anymore. That could change but I have my doubts. However that doesn't have a damn thing to do with his performance in the last game. I don't me you personally it Ranku either. I am talking about this group as a whole. To be fair we saw what it looks like without Allen in net behind the pitiful defense this club has shown. Back up has already been released and Binnington has yet to start a game. Why do YOU think that is? Now we have a post about who is number 1??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad