GDT: Blue Jackets VS Red Wings l 11/26/18 l 7:30 PM EST

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
14:02 of ice-time for our most dynamic offensive player, 18:37 for Abby and 15:07 for Glendening in a game that we were trailing for more than 50 minutes.

Reactions: aar000n

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Didn't catch the game tonight but Cholowski only played 14 minutes? Fewest on the defense by 3 minutes??

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well at least the game got entertaining after the 1st period. Now the tank is back on.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
If the Wings can't beat STL next game, they might be looking at an 8 game losing streak. The schedule gets pretty tough. Boston is pretty beat up, so maybe they squeak out another against them, but I doubt it.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
After the last 3 games my faith in the NHL is restored a bit. No way in hell the Wings should be winning like they were. They deserve a few more high picks; as a spectator I'd say we desperately need an influx of talent.

It's disheartening every forward line has to be saddled with one of Holland's shitty veterans. AA with Vanek and Nielsen? That's a sad joke. Vanek should stay on the 4th line. Nielsen is a passenger who plays scared. Think he'll score a goal this season? Glendening, Abdelkader, all plays die on their stick and it gets really tiresome to watch.

Yzerman can't get here soon enough.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
After the last 3 games my faith in the NHL is restored a bit. No way in hell the Wings should be winning like they were. They deserve a few more high picks; as a spectator I'd say we desperately need an influx of talent.

It's disheartening every forward line has to be saddled with one of Holland's ****ty veterans. AA with Vanek and Nielsen? That's a sad joke. Vanek should stay on the 4th line. Nielsen is a passenger who plays scared. Think he'll score a goal this season? Glendening, Abdelkader, all plays die on their stick and it gets really tiresome to watch.

Nielsen has been good. Glenny too. Abby okay. Vanek bad. Judge their play, not their age.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
Well at least the game got entertaining after the 1st period. Now the tank is back on.
Yeah, wake me up in, like, 15 years when we are still terrible but have lots of "great" draft picks who are all rotting in GR. Maybe tankers will be happy at least.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
Not gonna get a response. He just went to sleep for 15 years...
you will get a response. It is just my opinion, of course, as are everyone else's but I have said here before and will say it again that a deliberate tank is a stupid strategy where you pin your luck on a frigging lottery. I live in Orlando, and we have the Magic here. Ask them how this tank thing has worked out for them. Or ask Arizona or Edmonton. Yes, Buffalo is above us in the standings, but that may mean jack squat in a month or two. In the meantime, I want to watch and support a team that is trying to win games, not wait for some draft pick who may or may not work out a decade down the road.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Good job on Blashill to lessen the playing time of Cholowski lately! Imagine a massive Jerry eye roll at this!

Reactions: mantha39

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Like @HisNoodliness said, this is the perfect result. Young guys light it up and lose on goaltending.

Larkin was a legit first line center last night, dominant everywhere and has been creating scoring chances like crazy lately. He coulda had 5 more points last night and hes up to 55% on draws too. Mantha was obviously really really good (3 points). Cholowski was really good in his limited time and had 2 points too. I liked Bertuzzis game as well, he didnt get any points but was a pain in the ass all game. Perfect tank game, entertaining and young guys do well

Reactions: HisNoodliness

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
you will get a response. It is just my opinion, of course, as are everyone else's but I have said here before and will say it again that a deliberate tank is a stupid strategy where you pin your luck on a frigging lottery. I live in Orlando, and we have the Magic here. Ask them how this tank thing has worked out for them. Or ask Arizona or Edmonton. Yes, Buffalo is above us in the standings, but that may mean jack squat in a month or two. In the meantime, I want to watch and support a team that is trying to win games, not wait for some draft pick who may or may not work out a decade down the road.
"Sometimes tanking doesn't lead to the exact result you want, therefore it isn't worth pursuing."

Because signing crappy free agents and re-signing our most expendable players to long-term deals has led to the team jumping right back into contention, right?

Nobody is asking the players to sit down and lose games. People want management not to care about short-term successes and focus on what helps them long-term. And they have done a decent job of doing that recently. Were you up in arms when they moved Tatar for picks? Will you be up in arms if they move Nyquist or Howard or both? Would you have been upset if we let Abdelkader or Helm walk if they wouldn't accept reasonable contracts?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

It's disheartening every forward line has to be saddled with one of Holland's ****ty veterans. AA with Vanek and Nielsen? That's a sad joke. Vanek should stay on the 4th line. Nielsen is a passenger who plays scared. Think he'll score a goal this season? Glendening, Abdelkader, all plays die on their stick and it gets really tiresome to watch.

And don't forget we are still paying Weiss! Holland is a terrible gm.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Like @HisNoodliness said, this is the perfect result. Young guys light it up and lose on goaltending.

Larkin was a legit first line center last night, dominant everywhere and has been creating scoring chances like crazy lately. He coulda had 5 more points last night and hes up to 55% on draws too. Mantha was obviously really really good (3 points). Cholowski was really good in his limited time and had 2 points too. I liked Bertuzzis game as well, he didnt get any points but was a pain in the ass all game. Perfect tank game, entertaining and young guys do well

Bertuzzi is a smart player offensively and defensively, he's a difference maker with his positioning and intelligence. He should have more points than he has right now but he's stuck on a defensive line. I refuse to believe that he wouldn't be a perfect complement to Larkin or even Nielsen/AA these days.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Bertuzzi is a smart player offensively and defensively, he's a difference maker with his positioning and intelligence. He should have more points than he has right now but he's stuck on a defensive line. I refuse to believe that he wouldn't be a perfect complement to Larkin or even Nielsen/AA these days.

I don't think Bert has been nearly as good lately but I agree. His skill is really underappreciated. Absolutely love his game.

Reactions: Realgud

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'm still trying to figure out a reason why Jensen plays almost 7 minutes more than Cholowski other than an injury or Blashill secretly being in on the tank.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I don't think Bert has been nearly as good lately but I agree. His skill is really underappreciated. Absolutely love his game.

Yeah, I think it might be a confidence issue playing on the 3rd or 4th line, but I still think he's playing well, just not making as much of a difference as we know he can offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad