GDT: Blue Jackets vs Kings | 12/5 7:00 PM Nationwide Arena | Gavi returns

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Big Danforth fan. Not an NHL first liner. Absurd first line. But I'll enjoy it as I'm going tonight and Danforth used to play for the Cincinnati Cyclones and I've been a long term STH for that team.

"peak at Peeke" earned you two minutes. Another like that and it's a 10 min. misconduct;)

Sorry, my inner Rimer made an appearance.

Wish Danforth well, he's a hard worker. Two grit guys with Gaudreau, that's a bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Big Danforth fan. Not an NHL first liner. Absurd first line. But I'll enjoy it as I'm going tonight and Danforth used to play for the Cincinnati Cyclones and I've been a long term STH for that team.

"peak at Peeke" earned you two minutes. Another like that and it's a 10 min. misconduct;)
Big Danforth fan too but it’s rather an odd placement for him. …. And I’ll be giving a lot of Peeke-a-Boo too :D

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Sorry, my inner Rimer made an appearance.

Wish Danforth well, he's a hard worker. Two grit guys with Gaudreau, that's a bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him.
Also Boone and Justin will get pucks, make Johnny free space. But they both play vertical hockey, Johnny probably won't use his creative thinking too much. But they play excellent without the puck and defense what can help Johnny to score.

Reactions: thebus88

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Also Boone and Justin will get pucks, make Johnny free space. But they both play vertical hockey, Johnny probably won't use his creative thinking too much. But they play excellent without the puck and defense what can help Johnny to score.

Johnny likes to create tap ins to the crease and these guys score mainly from the crease so it has some potential to work.

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
glad to see Danforth in the first line, he's really good and he adds something positive in each line he's playing. he is quite skilled with the puck, and often uses his skates to move it. I think he'll be one of the best blue jackets this year. Disappointed that he's not playing in the 4th line with Kuraly and Texier.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't like the line change, only because Fantilli-Laine has struggled for a while now and they only looked respectable with Danforth. They still need him. I don't think it is going to work with KJ there.

If you could have two Danforths though I'd have no problem with him across from Gaudreau. He's a beast in front of the net and on the cycle, it should be better for Johnny to play off of than KJ.

I would have done this:

Gaudreau - Jenner - Marchenko
Danforth - Fantilli - Laine
Chinakhov - Voronkov - KJ
Robinson - Kuraly - Texier

Reactions: Marioesque and VT

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Meeeh, Johnny almost scored - but it hits the post. The ref stopped the play but it's not a goal. Great feed by Boqvist though, and great shot by Johnny. No player reacted, a little weird the ref reacted...

Reactions: Seedtype

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Gaudreau scored? Even he doesn't believe it.

I don't think it went in.

Edit: I'm surprised the ref called it because there was no player reaction at all.

Reactions: ViD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad