Dreger: Blue Jackets "not done" yet

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
not saying Jackets aren't a good team but i doubt anyone is really scared of the Blue jackets and their zero playoff series wins under Torts. The top dogs in the east still remain Tampa, WSH, BOS, TOR and I'd even put Isles on there before CBJ.

I was making a joke referencing what he said about Panarin

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I'm going to laugh so hard if they load-up, don't trade Panarin, and they lose in the first round. I like how aggressive Jaro is being to improve his team, but holding onto Panarin is non-sensical if he has made it clear he won't re-sign.

I mean he's a rental in essence

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Going to be super difficult.

They wouldn’t be able to trade either of the 1sts in 2019 and 2020.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
If he can somehow flip Panarin for Huberdeau and then resign Duchene that is a pretty decent top 6 moving forward with a norris candidate Dman and blue chip d prospect still on the roster long term.

Reactions: Toe Pick and Fro
Nov 24, 2006
Reactions: LatvianTwist

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What trade chips do they really have though for a big move?
Lots. Part of why we took that futures hit is because we have a very nicely stacked pool - no runaway star types, but lots of very promising looking guys.

That said, I wouldn't expect much more.

* * *​
Can we offer you a nice Marleau or Zaitsev in this trying time?
The funny thing is, we might actually consider Marleau, if offered for cheap - we could use a LW.

Zaitsev, of course, remains a "nope, no way no how, go away". :)

* * *​
Wenneberg?
Possible.

* * *​
not saying Jackets aren't a good team but i doubt anyone is really scared of the Blue jackets and their zero playoff series wins under Torts. The top dogs in the east still remain Tampa, WSH, BOS, TOR and I'd even put Isles on there before CBJ.
Well, we haven't really given anyone a reason to fear us yet. Obviously that's going to have to change first.

But we now have two high-octane weapons each at both C and D. That helps a lot.

* * *​
Just a note, Hoffman and Duchene have wicked chemistry....
Depends on the price, but I'd consider it.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I mean the Duchene trade just speaks that they're going all in. But I think the smart thing would have been to trade Bob and Panarin, but for all we know JK didn't get offers that he claimed was good enough.

But anyway now that Duchene is in Columbus, my guess is that Columbus goes after Henrique.

Kind of wanted Carolina to make the playoffs though... because I want to see Don Cherry's reaction.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I'm going to laugh so hard if they load-up, don't trade Panarin, and they lose in the first round. I like how aggressive Jaro is being to improve his team, but holding onto Panarin is non-sensical if he has made it clear he won't re-sign.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they don't have something in the works with Panarin. If they think they have a chance of re-signing Duchene, then they trade Panarin, replenishing what they gave up for Duchene they are in better shape long term. I just can't see a team on the bubble willing to lose 3 high-end UFA's for a single playoff push.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad