Value of: Blue Jackets fans! Blues would love Werenski!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We're egregiously overstocked on warm bodies, futures, and picks; what we need is major talents. So you probably shouldn't bother.

EDIT: Actually there's another class of player we could use a lot more of, but I'm not even going to mention it because everybody always interprets it as an excuse to dump worn trash on folks and I'm tired of the flood. Suffice to say it's why Boone Jenner is not available.

Last edited:

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
We were disappointed when we lost Jarmo! All good with him or time for a change?

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
What are your needs from current Blues roster or prospects. Let’s start the negotiation. Looks like he is a 9 million dollar hit.

We were disappointed when we lost Jarmo! All good with him or time for a change?

giphy.gif

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
About? Jarmo was the up and coming GM that early on found our GM some foreigners in the rough as our overseas scout.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Well the only way to get better according to HFBoards is to trade your best players for lesser roster players and futures :facepalm:

I will let you take Jarmo and JD back for free. They mean well but can't build a roster.

And they should keep Werenski.

Reactions: majormajor

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Look if you guys start trying to unload Jarmo back upon us I'll be forced to suggest that you accept the benighted monkey's paw known as Peter Chiarelli. This is the classic mutually assured destruction end game scenario we should all be terrified of.(Man this is some heavy shit for a Sunday)

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
What are your needs from current Blues roster or prospects. Let’s start the negotiation. Looks like he is a 9 million dollar hit.
None (for Werenski).

Thomas would be a great piece, but I’d want him to play WITH Werenski.

Are you aware of how bad our defense is? How do you think trading Werenski would help that?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If the Jackets traded away Werenski and Jenner, then every other player would lose faith and ask for a trade out. They'd end up losing guys like Fantilli and Jiricek.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Blues having trouble keeping defensemen?
Because I wouldn't think they need another expensive defenseman contract with term that has significant trade protections attached.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
sorry, but gotta disagree. a 26 yo #1 defenseman is absolutely a need for blues. can't imagine why anyone would think otherwise.
I think we need to stay the course. We got a fee players voming in the next couple years. I think we need to get rid of krug and keep our gret prospects. Werenski would require a lot. Im just not wanting to part with snuggy, dvorsky lindstein stenberg bolduc. Ect. I think we just stay the course and sell off buchy and whatever else we can and stay the course

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad