GDT: blue flame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Steen might just break the 65 point barrier again this season, for all the naysayers that said last year was a fluke for Steen, it'll be really nice if he can do it. He's got 59 points right now with 12 left to play, based on his pace over most of this season I can see him hitting 65.

I just wonder will Schwartz get to 60, he's 7 points off, and has been running hot or cold for awhile. Yes he's been producing lately, but he's gone cold so often this year, often for a significant stretch of games, that race is gonna be close.

Lehtera should get to 40, which is a lot more than I expected from him before the season started.

Backes and Oshie are both at or over 50 points right now, so I just hope the Captain hits 25 goals, and Oshie can hit 20 again.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Great game. Steen and Schwartz were really puck hounds tonight, Elliott was a wall, and the defense overall was great. Pietrangelo was good defensively, and I really liked Lindbohm and Bortuzzo.

Lindbohm is a stud. He's not afraid of anything and will sacrifice his body at any time to help the team. Really impressed.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Man, it felt like Jaskin, Bortuzzo and Lindbohm were out there the whole game. Jaskin has become a trusted player. Plenty of prime PP time. It's just great to see a couple rookie players establish roles as contributors this season. I'm especially thrilled with Lindbohm's trajectory.

Pietro seemed like he was out there quite a bit as well, and his play has been absolutely outstanding for quite some time now. So glad to see him turn it around, after how "off" he was through the first half of the season.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Watching Steen live was such a treat. Definitely the hardest working player on the team. The fans behind me were raving about Tarasenko but they acknowledged Steen as the Blues best all around player, glad to see him get some recognition.

All in all, the game was very enjoyable to watch as a Blues fan. Can't wait until the next the Blues come to Calgary.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Steen might just break the 65 point barrier again this season, for all the naysayers that said last year was a fluke for Steen, it'll be really nice if he can do it. He's got 59 points right now with 12 left to play, based on his pace over most of this season I can see him hitting 65.

I just wonder will Schwartz get to 60, he's 7 points off, and has been running hot or cold for awhile. Yes he's been producing lately, but he's gone cold so often this year, often for a significant stretch of games, that race is gonna be close.

Lehtera should get to 40, which is a lot more than I expected from him before the season started.

Backes and Oshie are both at or over 50 points right now, so I just hope the Captain hits 25 goals, and Oshie can hit 20 again.

His goal totals were shocking, in that way it was a fluke year.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think if Steen Backes and Oshie started the season together, it wouldn't of taken till December for them to get going. Granted Steen was producing on the PP.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

I think Steen gets his 65 and Schwartz hits 60. I would really like to see Stastny(40) and Lehtera(39) get to 50 and maybe Shatty(40) if he gets back in soon. It would give us eight 50+ point getters. Only 12 games left though so they have to get on their horses.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Really liked the lineup we iced tonight. From top to bottom we looked dominant. We've always had great depth, but this year we're on another level.

As for point totals:

Tarasenko - 80
Steen - 65
Schwartz - 60
Backes - 60
Oshie - 55
Stastny - 50
Lehtera - 40

I'll be content if the above hit those totals.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
Is there any story/reason behind Lehtera pulling down his fight strap after he scores? I've noticed him do it 2-3 times now.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Is there any story/reason behind Lehtera pulling down his fight strap after he scores? I've noticed him do it 2-3 times now.

I read that it goes back to his days in the Finnish league; he would pull down his jersey in the back so the scorekeeper could see that he scored (or got a point), perhaps due to all of the advertising on the jerseys, which makes it difficult to see the numbers on the back.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I think if Steen Backes and Oshie started the season together, it wouldn't of taken till December for them to get going. Granted Steen was producing on the PP.

hopefully hitch is done moving steen down to the 3rd line

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think that had more to do with seeing whether Jaskin could be effective on the top line.

Idk, Steen - Stastny always looks good to Hitch but never produces. He may have been trying to see if there is a possibility to spread some of the scoring ability around. But to me, the proof is that scoring dries up when he bounces guys around for whatever reason. Chemistry doesn't seem to form, and games a slipping away trying to spark something that may not be there. I understand trying out other combos in case of injury. At this point though, no need to break up 2 lines that work. Just plug Jokinen in the top 6 and Porter in the bottom 6. If we lose 3 top 9 guys...well it would be a mountain of a challenge to win regardless of line "chemistry"

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Pretty impressive. I hope Vladi realizes that his shot curl is almost rhythmic and other teams are tuning into it. A slight change in tendency would probably go a long way in avoiding some of those direct blocks.

I have actually been thinking along those lines as well, and was hoping the jock-dropping shimmy he put on Benn Sunday night was his awakening in addressing some of those predictable tendencies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Which is stupid imo....why wear a guy out? All I need is consistent #s. Say around 2.00 GAA and .920+ Sav%. While shouldering more then half the load.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Which is stupid imo....why wear a guy out? All I need is consistent #s. Say around 2.00 GAA and .920+ Sav%. While shouldering more then half the load.

Because that workload typically doesn't wear a goalie out and your #1 should give you a greater chance to win each night.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Because that workload typically doesn't wear a goalie out and your #1 should give you a greater chance to win each night.

True but other then Price, all the other "Elites" have had terrible stretches of play. Kinda sad we didn't get to see this season if Elliott could of handled it because of his injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad