OT: Blue Bombers Thread 2.0 - Home Playoff Game, Nov 12, 330PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
24,107 in Ottawa all in all good crowds for the middle of November, thought that Ottawa could of made better use of the temporary stands by offering to schools at deeply discounted prices but maybe there is a reason they didn't.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
And hey, the Riders won so the day wasn't a total loss. I would rather they win the Cup than any of Toronto, Edmonton or Calgary. Especially Calgary.

Gotta be Calgary or Toronto now. I guess I’ll “cheer” Stamps, because I like the band and don’t think I hate them nearly as much as the rest of the remaining teams.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Embarrassing effort.

I went to the game as well (hey, may as well take in one bomber playoff game before i bail for Australia next fall) and i honestly thought they had a shot. Played well enough to keep it tight through the first half.

The defense quit. the Gable touchdown broke em. How a runt like C.J Gable is strong enough to evade 9 (!!!!) Bomber defenders while dragging a couple into the endzone is mindboggling.

And then the playcalling on D...Hoo boy. Let's call a prevent zone on 2nd and 10 (or whatever it was) and give Zylstra 20 yards to walk into the endzone for an easy TD. Then, let's do that, but with Bowman! No man coverage, just the same soft ass zone all game.

Richie Hall should absolutely be fired tomorrow. Inexcusable

I've never thought much of O'Shea as a head coach (Still don't) but even though i want him gone, i can respect the fact he's gotten consistency out of the team. Which is more than any other coach has done. Please fire Hall.

Edit: Also, please learn how to ****ing tackle. My god.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Which one? Rough passer was right call. Offside it wasn't cause no Oline flinched or ball not snapped. That fumble was recovered by Esks on replay. Dressler was a fumble. All calls were correct. Or you mean not having one division screw job?

The funble on the pass, his knee was CLEARLY down before ball was out. Terrible call. Which is why O'Shea challenged an already reviewed play, because the Bombers saw how bad the call was.

That was not the decider, but it ended Bombers chances on a HORRENDOUS BRUTAL f***ING AWFUL call.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
The funble on the pass, his knee was CLEARLY down before ball was out. Terrible call. Which is why O'Shea challenged an already reviewed play, because the Bombers saw how bad the call was.

That was not the decider, but it ended Bombers chances on a HORRENDOUS BRUTAL ****ING AWFUL call.
Dressler one? Cause he wasn't down, no leg touched the ground and ball just popped out before his butt touched.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Dressler one? Cause he wasn't down, no leg touched the ground and ball just popped out before his butt touched.

CLEARLY DOWN. It wasn't even close. His knee was down. This was a horrendous call. Your Rider sensibilities are blinding you. This was not a questionable call. It was a wrong call.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
My Rider what?
Watch the replay when you get home and sober up lol

I saw it many times. There was no question. You think O'Shea challenged an already reviewed play cause he wanted to? No cause he knew it was a f*** up, and he wanted them to correct it. Which they didn't cause they are morons.

EDIT: Sorry I thought you were the one who said you cheered for Riders as well. I might be confusing you sorry haha.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I saw it many times. There was no question. You think O'Shea challenged an already reviewed play cause he wanted to? No cause he knew it was a **** up, and he wanted them to correct it. Which they didn't cause they are morons.

EDIT: Sorry I thought you were the one who said you cheered for Riders as well. I might be confusing you sorry haha.
Oshea challenged that forward progress was stopped, but they had already ruled that out in the review which is why they gave Oshea his challenge back.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Overall the refs did not decide this game though.

Bombers really lacked a deep threat, which hurt bigtime. They need somebody who can backup Adams with size that can stretch the field. Hell I called into TSN with this point post game hahaha.

The defense really needs an overhaul in linebacking and defensive back areas. I think Heath, Randle, Leggatt, Loffler, and Santos-Knox have talent, but the rest can go for improvements, IMO. More important is a new system though. The soft zone of Richie Hall just does not work.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Overall the refs did not decide this game though.

Bombers really lacked a deep threat, which hurt bigtime. They need somebody who can backup Adams with size that can stretch the field. Hell I called into TSN with this point post game hahaha.

The defense really needs an overhaul in linebacking and defensive back areas. I think Heath, Randle, Leggatt, Loffler, and Santos-Knox have talent, but the rest can go for improvements, IMO. More important is a new system though. The soft zone of Richie Hall just does not work.

So, Alexander, Hurl, Knox and Wild? Most of those guys hardly started this year (except for Hurl), they need to go for sure (I like Knox and Wild but what can you do) but I feel like there’s more problems than just those guys.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I saw it many times. There was no question. You think O'Shea challenged an already reviewed play cause he wanted to? No cause he knew it was a **** up, and he wanted them to correct it. Which they didn't cause they are morons.

I'm the Rider fan. Dax too of course, but he wisely keeps his loyalties to himself in this thread. :laugh:

And puck stoppa is correct. Dressler's knee clearly did not touch. It was debatable whether his butt landed before the ball was freed, but probably not conclusive enough to overturn the ruling on the field. Calls went against us, but IMO deservedly so. I was going to write more, then saw your last post above and you said basically what I was going to say.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
From what I saw, the BB muffed the fake boot and it was downhill from there...some of those Edmonton guys were wide effing open...how does that happen in a playoff game???

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
my D complaints:
corners were hot garbage going into the season. nothing changed.
not a lot of pass pressure, not enough QB sacks. you saw it yesterday. the front line isn't my favourite and needs one stud. maybe Jeffcoat can be that guy next year?
also, not a lot of interesting pass rush schemes to keep them guessing. you knew what the bombers were sending.
and the tackling...my god...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Maybe too soon? Your buddy Chris Jones telling off the camera guy was classy today, tough to cheer for guys like him and Maas.

Jones is a cheater and an ass that reminds me of Don Matthews. That being said he appears to be an effective football coach.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Biggest BS call was the fumble on the return that the Bombers recovered and was called back for what? I missed the call.

Saw the replay on Dresslers fumble. His knee was down ffs.

Refs suck but they suck in every game. Can't blame them when neither offense or defense showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad