Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
A lot of credit to the Argos defensive line. They got after him all game, and Hardrick in particular had a rough outing.

There are a lot of men long in the tooth on this team, and its unfortunate they let this one get away. Close to making history. Legg's time needs to be done in Winnipeg - that was just... Did anyone even have a cell of confidence he would make that kick if it wasn't blocked? Its a crucial position, and it cost them.
That kick was no good anyway. If you watch the replay it was wide left, as Leggs had to reposition due to a bad snap and the laces being in the wrong place.

We had plenty of opportunities to make more plays, but our o-line was dominated today, and that was our downfall.

I feel so bad for the guys, as yeah, such opportunities don't come up very often.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
I can accept that our injured players were not at their best for obvious reasons, and I've calmed down enough to accept that.

But Leggio has proven over the last several years he is not CFL calibre. He makes too many dumb mistakes that cost us game, such as today.

He needs to go. Full stop.
how many passes did collaros complete tonight!!!?????????????????????????????

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I can accept that our injured players were not at their best for obvious reasons, and I've calmed down enough to accept that.

But Leggio has proven over the last several years he is not CFL calibre. He makes too many dumb mistakes that cost us game, such as today.

He needs to go. Full stop.
Agreed. We weren't at our best today and TO played well. But having the worst kicker in the CFL (okay I don't know that for sure, but he is pretty shitty) is an unnecessary impediment to our chances to regain the cup.

Reactions: Jets 31 and blues10

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Yeah that was pretty disappointing but it is what it is. They had their chances but just were not very good on either side of the ball. Full marks to the Argos, they played very well.
did the argos win or did the bombers lose this one!?

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Why are we making excuses for a POS kicker, that has been carried by the team.

How many converts has he missed? That's a disgusting performance.
I don’t like to blame anyone but it’s Leggio has had these tendencies hence why we went out and got castillo last year. I was thinking the whole day about how our kicking is going to be the end of our run.

Reactions: blues10

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
I used to get upset in the Westwood days when he would have a miss at the end of the game and lose, however as I've gotten older I've realized that putting your kicker in such a position at such a critical point in the game means that you didn't get it done on offence otherwise.

Kicks can be crapshoots, and good teams don't rely on them.

We didn't do enough to win. Full stop.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
did the argos win or did the bombers lose this one!?

The bombers were the statistical favorite with one minute left in the game. All it took was a 70%-ish kick to accommodate for the fact that the kicker missed an 85%-ish kick earlier.

I know they win and lose as a team, and I get that, and I won't disrespect the team's culture. And I know every player had a moment where one millimeter more of glove or one more step could have done it. But the fact remains, when we didn't resign Castillo, kicking went back to being our weakest position, and it sure looks like it cost us.

Having said that, I will brook absolutely NO abuse of the man for a bad game. He's still a goddamn human being, and by virtue of being part of the Bomber culture, he's almost certainly a goddamn decent one. A professional athlete can always be substantively criticized for their performance on the field, but to attack him as a human being is some 400% bullshit that I will not tolerate.

Snoop

May 23, 2021
Lots of blame to go around. Collaros off, questionable play calling with Prukop, Leggio with crappy kicks AND punts…

The real winner here is Troy Westwood as finally a Bomber kicker has had an overall worse grey cup game!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don’t like to blame anyone but it’s Leggio has had these tendencies hence why we went out and got castillo last year. I was thinking the whole day about how our kicking is going to be the end of our run.
And your thinking turned out right. I tried to ignore the glaring weakness, with our ongoing success. It turns out we would probably have snuck out another cup even with a subpar performance with a better kicker.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
But the game came down to one point even though our quarterback wasn’t completely on his game. I put this game on the kicker ultimately.
that is such a pathetic and shameful excuse!! shear desparation on your part..lol......how many passes did collaros complete!!??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad