Blow this team up already!

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Tavares isn't going anywhere, can be useful in mentoring some younger players, and will likely sign for cheap to stay here.
Shouldn't the goal be for the young players to not play like Tavares? I honestly can say I've seen more jam in Knies game this playoffs than I ever saw from Tavares (and I know Tavares scored an OT winner).

Tavares also arrived when Matthews, Marner, Nylander were all starting their 3rd seasons. He mentored them into the most underachieving Leafs team of the last 20? 30? 50? years?

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Shouldn't the goal be for the young players to not play like Tavares? I honestly can say I've seen more jam in Knies game this playoffs than I ever saw from Tavares (and I know Tavares scored an OT winner).

Tavares also arrived when Matthews, Marner, Nylander were all starting their 3rd seasons. He mentored them into the most underachieving Leafs team of the last 20? 30? 50? years?

Yeah I don’t want Tavares mentoring jackshit. He’s even worse than Marleau. At least that guy won a few rounds lol.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Vancouver wins with a third string goalie, and the backup was from the A.

Sad this team can’t score when it counts the most.

Sad they “skate hard” in the third period with 5 minutes left.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Since they drafted Matthews, they only have added Lilj and Knies via the draft on their current roster. When paying that much for 4 Forwards, needed some younger guys to come in and fill roles.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
After Nylander and Matthews p***yed out in these playoffs they can go as well. I remember when Clark played with a fractured ankle. Get rid of these fairies.

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Except that it is an option.

Can you honestly sit there and look at this team right now, especially after the effort in game 4 and think they can win a cup?

I think this team has some very good pieces and trading them for picks or prospects hopefully gets you into the same position you were in before the trade and likely much worse.

I also think you just have to try to win every year and try to get better pieces as you can, but I also know that out of 32 teams 31 teams lose every single year and being that 1 team to win isn't just hard, it's insanely hard and requires not just a good team, but also some incredible luck. And you just have to try to get into the playoffs and try to win every year, keep trying and keep trying

After Nylander and Matthews p***yed out in these playoffs they can go as well. I remember when Clark played with a fractured ankle. Get rid of these fairies.

If you did that every time someone played badly you wouldn't have a team

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Discount means he's getting paid slightly less then his market value yes. I'd probably peg him at about 6M. He can stay for 5M. Kind of "pay it forward" for helping to f*** up our cap.

It's not his team anymore and he's a shitty captain.
His Team? It’s everyone’s team. Ref’s used to only talk to Captains now it doesn’t matter at all, purely a status thing and not many care about it. Although if you ask them I’m sure they will say oh it definitely matters. Get to do post game interviews more than most guys. lol!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If the goal is to win a cup then blowing up the team is not even an option, that would be stupid
Duct taping around this core is not the answer. Surly 8 years is enough to realize that. If it were me I would take it down to the foundation and start over. It is a shame the idiots have given the losers everything including NMCs. As Kyper said, these guys have no character.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Duct taping around this core is not the answer. Surly 8 years is enough to realize that. If it were me I would take it down to the foundation and start over. It is a shame the idiots have given the losers everything including NMCs. As Kyper said, these guys have no character.
What's so absolutely frustrating is that the only real thing they can do is move on from Marner.

And he's not waiving his nmc. So that means losing him for no return whatsoever after next season. Even I am having problems rationalizing losing a 100 point player for nothing....

And that's what's so absolutely f***ing infuriating about this.

Intelligent people like me were saying the the proof is in the pudding. There is something "off" with this core when looking at the sum of their parts. I'm certain all 3 of the core would succeed in the playoffs with a change of scenery. It's just something about the group of them together that's off.

So Marner should have been traded after the humiliating loss to Montreal. And if not that, then Tampa. And if not that then Florida. But now his nmc has kicked in. It's a disaster.

And he would have returned a kings ransom. I don't care what anybody says. Half the teams in the league are poor and care more about REAL money (not aav) and regular season. They'd kill to even make the playoffs. So his poor playoff performances wouldn't matter to them. He makes like 7 mil a year in real money his final 3 seasons. Gm's of half the league would literally murder people to get their hands on Marner.

And now we'll either sign him to another unprecedented dramatic overpayment, or lose him for nothing. This franchise is cursed.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I am less inclined to give Matthews the C after he took his ball and went home after getting called out by Nylander. I wonder how angry that room was for 18 minutes.
He’s legit sick until proven otherwise.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I am less inclined to give Matthews the C after he took his ball and went home after getting called out by Nylander. I wonder how angry that room was for 18 minutes.

I don't believe for one minute the doctors pulled him either.

That dressing room is hotter than Bo Derek in a bikini. The only thing hotter is Shanahan's seat. I don't think I've ever been this excited about the team since Shanahan came in and fired and traded everyone ten years ago.

It's Pelley's turn now.

Reactions: theTTC and colchar

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If the Leafs and Tampa Bay both get eliminated in the first round as expected, there's a good chance both coaches will move on.

It's a virtual certainty that Keefe will end up in Pittsburgh. If Cooper is available, I hope Treliving will go after him.

Last edited:

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
If the Leafs and Tampa Bay both get eliminated in the first round as expected, There's a good chance both coaches will move on.

It's a virtual certainty that Keefe will end up in Pittsburgh. If Cooper is available, I hope Treliving will go after him.
Cooper is who I want too. Does Cooper want to walk into this though?

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Somewhat unrelated, but when our revisionist roster door opens, my heart sinks when I think of the players we traded or let go and what they signed/re-signed for elsewhere and the qualities they possess:

Zach Hyman (6'1"), Jared McCann (6'1"), Carter Verhaeghe (6'2"), Mason Marchment (6'5"), Dakota Joshua (6'3")...

There's an element of..."seriousness"...perhaps? that we're lacking when considering needs and chemistry and playoffs hockey.

How did we get the above so wrong?
D....U....B....A.....S.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Cooper is who I want too. Does Cooper want to walk into this though?
I obviously don't know what his thought process would be, but he's Canadian, and he knows this market (and team) very well. His personality doesn't strike me as the type that would shy away from Toronto. On the contrary, I think he would would relish the spotlight and the challenge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad