Bloomington Bison joining ECHL in 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
how committed though is Columbus to the ECHL..... they've never been known to have an affiliation
They could leave the ECHL affiliation agreement biz to Cleveland, like the STL Blues have done with Springfield. For the purposes of the Bison hyping an "NHL affiliation" as they try to increase sponsorships & ticket sales, it would be same-same and very few patrons would get the difference.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Somber start to the franchise’s front office.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Wasn't expecting the Rangers. I'm good with it, though.

Head coach will be former Greenville assistant coach Phillip Barski.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Was not expecting the Rangers. This will be their third city since leaving Maine (Jacksonville, Cincinnati & Bloomington). I'm not sure why Bloomington other than no other option, and Cincinnati wanted to attempt to kindle its relationship with Columbus.

Assuming Vegas goes to Tahoe, Savannah will open for a team, and that will leave Toronto, Carolina, Utah and St. Louis without ECHL affiliations.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
When can we get their gear? I would like to get a jersey

They have a very limited merch list on their site, but no news on jerseys yet.

And schedule got dropped, Bison open up their home barn on Oct 19th vs the Walleye.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Nice, my cousin lives in Indianapolis nearby….
A leisurely 3-hour drive from Indy to Bloomy, IL. You'd have the time to take a tour of Danville along the way (and maybe even take in an FPHL game if rumors come true). Just make sure you don't head for Bloomington, INDIANA by mistake ... though IU does have a national champion club hockey team.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Bloomington, IL > Bloomington, MN > Bloomington, IN

On a side note, I’m an Illinoisan that went to college in the state of Indiana, and when I got married we invited more than a few of my college friends. My sole contribution to our wedding invites was insisting that we reiterate that the wedding and reception was in “Bloomington-Normal, Illinois” all spelled out to make sure folks didn’t assume we were getting married at the Hoosier town.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Bloomington, IL > Bloomington, MN > Bloomington, IN

On a side note, I’m an Illinoisan that went to college in the state of Indiana, and when I got married we invited more than a few of my college friends. My sole contribution to our wedding invites was insisting that we reiterate that the wedding and reception was in “Bloomington-Normal, Illinois” all spelled out to make sure folks didn’t assume we were getting married at the Hoosier town.

I don’t keep track of standings below the bronze medal.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Being a coach and GM of an expansion team can’t be easy. He has to build an organization before he can even get to the hockey side of things.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Being a coach and GM of an expansion team can’t be easy. He has to build an organization before he can even get to the hockey side of things.
Expectations for hockey team success in Bloomington, IL have been minimized by several consecutive failures. So Barski the Coach won't have nearly as much pressure to succeed as you might imagine.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad