Blame Crosby and Malkin: Moorehouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I couldn't put this in the media thread. It was too outrageous. When are Malkin and Crosby going to smell the coffee and realize that this organization won't change and will continue to waste their careers? Take a look at the cover of the Trib:

https://twitter.com/TribSports/status/589255901212708864/photo/1

Does anyone doubt that this is Moorehouse trying to get in front of this ****show and blame the stars to distract from the gongshow of his mismanagement? This team has failed the stars. There is nothing more these great players can do.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I don't think Morehouse has any control over the Trib.

If this came from the Pens' official twitter, or from their website, sure... But this is just the Trib being the Trib.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
They should just pack up and say **** you to this town. What a joke.

DMR

Apr 29, 2010
They'd be getting the same treatment in any market. Don't kid yourself on that.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
To be fair though:

Sid: 1 goal in 18 playoff games.

Geno: 0 in 11 games.

Making a combined $17+ million, they should at least be able to score a goal centering Adams and Tanner Glass. Not to mention all the PPs in that time. Again, they're far from the biggest problem, but neither are living up to their contracts in the playoffs (or anything above a league minimum contract for that matter)

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Good to see the Twitter comments.
But IMHO I would in no way blame Malkin/Crosby if they decided to try to rescue the last half of their careers elsewhere.
I actually feel a lot depends on right now, and how the org responds to this gong show of another over matched coach and a clueless front office with seventeen cooks mangling the stew.

If I'm SID/Geno and we get Babs, I'd stay.
Else....I dunno, but I would lean towards getting out. This has been going on for far too long. And it is not changing.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
They'd be getting the same treatment in any market. Don't kid yourself on that.

No they wouldn't.

I could name 20 NHL markets that wouldn't give a damn about anything other than their last names.

I would also add that while over-the-top and ruthless, the Canadian media would be smart enough to go after plenty of targets BEFORE Sid and Geno.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
This is expected when you have talentless, slow, and gutless teammates surrounding them. They can only do so much. Obviously the front page was made to create controversy, but it is still garbage.

Love the secondary headline; "Fourth line an early bright spot". Get that **** out of here. They had one good game. And, that should be expected when that line is making over three million dollars. Not only that, it's probably the softest fourth line currently in the playoffs. Pathetic...

Last edited:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
To be fair though:

Sid: 1 goal in 18 playoff games.

Geno: 0 in 11 games.

Making a combined $17+ million, they should at least be able to score a goal centering Adams and Tanner Glass. Not to mention all the PPs in that time. Again, they're far from the biggest problem, but neither are living up to their contracts in the playoffs (or anything above a league minimum contract for that matter)

True, but both are great players. They've proven that over the years. So are they to blame for an ORGANIZATION-wide malaise?

This is like when Ovi went into the tank under Dale Hunter. As long as we're playing defensive hockey under Johnston, our two superstars are going to be neutralized and underperforming.

What the Trib SHOULD be doing is praising Crosby and Malkin for all their accomplishments on a team that's NEVER catered to them, never built around them and never provided them with the best tools for success.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I suggest an all out flame war vs the useless media in this town... bury them in bad press by calling them out as stupid on social media and the talk shows. Embarrass them into better coverage

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The Penguins have 0 Dmen who can pass or skate the puck up the ice.

They have maybe 2 wingers on the team who can pass or skate the puck up the ice.

That means that the two people on whom the defense will focus most of their attention are also the people who have to do most of the carrying of the puck.

They have no time to create space, they have time time to move, to breath, to do anything.

This is not Sid and Geno's fault. This is an organizational failure of unfathomable proportions, and everyone in a position to bring light to it is either too dumb or too lazy or a dangerous combination of both.

crossicepass

Sep 7, 2008
2vt70hh.jpg

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
What is the relationship between Trib and the Penguins organization? Why do they even allow these idiots in their locker room?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The Penguins have 0 Dmen who can pass or skate the puck up the ice.

They have maybe 2 wingers on the team who can pass or skate the puck up the ice.

That means that the two people on whom the defense will focus most of their attention are also the people who have to do most of the carrying of the puck.

They have no time to create space, they have time time to move, to breath, to do anything.

This is not Sid and Geno's fault. This is an organizational failure of unfathomable proportions, and everyone in a position to bring light to it is either too dumb or too lazy or a dangerous combination of both.

AND, don't forget...when Geno tries to come back in the D zone to get the puck, Lovejoy ignores him and moves forward with the puck (with no center in position).

Yeah.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
These two have earned every bit of criticism that comes their way in regards to their recent playoff performances. They aren't getting positive results, that's the bottom line. They are compensated to produce offense that leads to goals, that leads to winning games.

The rest is excuses, bad team, playing with scrubs, etc.

These guys need to get it going, or get going. That cup that Max Talbot won is becoming a distant memory. All that is within clear sight these days is two stars who can't produce in the post season, cannot lead, and become rattled at the drop of a dime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad