GDT: Blackhawks @ Red Wings - 7:30PM ET (preseason Game 2)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
People really need to temper their expectations. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

I had him 9 on my board, so I think he has been better than I expected since the draft to be honest. I like him a little more than I did going into the draft. Still I am comfortable with him going to AHL and wouldn't be disappointed if that does happen. What people need to remember is he is a ruthless finisher so like a lot of those guys he can be seemingly not doing a lot for a little while then explode and impact a game. We need those kind of players, he has game-breaking stuff some believe that will be constant, I was never quite so sure last year, I hope he can become what guys like Frk It or Pronman talk about for sure.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Dude, it’s literally his first ever pro game.

He’s going to be a stud.

I didn't say he would was going to be anything. I just said I've been less impressed with every game I've seen him play. I still expect him to be good too.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
YW - Both stations have games during the year. I check the Mlive game day to see which one

I liked it better when only 760 carried the radio feed more than a decade ago. With their strong signal, I could listen to that on air broadcast on a good day all the way here in Chicago. Of course with streaming I don't have to depend upon that anymore.

Reactions: waltdetroit

mikerooooose

Nov 7, 2009
Michigan
I was super excited to watch Zadina this year. I've accepted that he'll be in GR for a year or two. He's been a turn over machine in every game I've watched. He's too weak. I'm sure he'll be good, just bummed we have to wait a few years.

Northwing19

Apr 9, 2018
Zadina need to stay on his side of the ice and get open for one timers. Right now hes everywhere and trying to do to much.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I really like Sulak. Sucks he’ll (probably) never play in the NHL

I don't expect our old back-end to make it through the season healthy though. He should get a look at some point. Especially if he plays like this consistently. He is a ton better this year. Was the least impressive guy for me last camp, a lot of growth in one year. Most importantly tonight he is closing down time and space defensively more than a few times. This is encouraging. It looks like both Cholowski and Suluk are not far off. Hronek we assumed was ready. I thought Cholo was but I am high on him. Suluk looks capable so the next few guys might come draw in and just never come back out of the lineup.

Hicketts looks a little better too. Tough being a green d-man though in this league.

Reactions: DeYarmond Edison

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I had him 9 on my board, so I think he has been better than I expected since the draft to be honest. I like him a little more than I did going into the draft. Still I am comfortable with him going to AHL and wouldn't be disappointed if that does happen. What people need to remember is he is a ruthless finisher so like a lot of those guys he can be seemingly not doing a lot for a little while then explode and impact a game. We need those kind of players, he has game-breaking stuff some believe that will be constant, I was never quite so sure last year, I hope he can become what guys like Frk It or Pronman talk about for sure.

He’s going to need some time to adjust to the pace of the pro game, and ideally add to his skating like you’ve said.

But yeah, I believe he has the stuff you can’t teach, and he can be an offensive dynamo eventually.

Like you, I’m totally fine with him spending some time in GR. Nolan Patrick got beat up all last year on this site, and I thought that was ridiculous and he’s still a hell of a young player.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I don't expect our old back-end to make it through the season healthy though. He should get a look at some point. Especially if he plays like this consistently. He is a ton better this year. Was the least impressive guy for me last camp, a lot of growth in one year. Most importantly tonight he is closing down time and space defensively more than a few times. This is encouraging. It looks like both Cholowski and Suluk are not far off. Hronek we assumed was ready. I thought Cholo was but I am high on him. Suluk looks capable so the next few guys might come draw in and just never come back out of the lineup.

Hicketts looks a little better too. Tough being a green d-man though in this league.

I read somewhere that it sounds like Sulak is either going to make the wings or go back to Europe. But on the broadcast theyre talking about him like he might get call ups this year, so I wonder if they realized hes close and have told him to stay or something?

Hronek and Cholowski look really solid but Sulak being 24 might be worth starting in the NHL as well this year. Thats not even getting into Hicketts who deserves NHL games this year, he was really good last night. They need to move Jensen

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It's a pretty easy decision about the captaincy there Kenny. This season is likely gonna be a shitshow. No need to give a young guy a C for that kind of season. Go with three alternates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad