Blackhawks Forum game?

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I was just thinking it would be cool to have some sort of ongoing game throughout the season. I know the kings forum does this where they pick a player they think will score first. I was thinking something like 3 categories, worth different points. Something like this:

1. Winning team (1 point - extra points if correct score predicted)
2. First blackhawks goal scorer (3 points)
3. Star of the game (3 points)

Something like that. Still a rough draft of an idea. Maybe someone else has a better idea. Would be something fun to predict before each game for bragging rights.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Anyone have any other ideas for scoring or do you like those? I'll keep track as long as I have time. If I miss a day occasionally (shouldn't be too often) someone might need to do it for a day.

I'll have to check with the mods to see if we should keep it in one thread or post a new thread for each game (that's what they do on the kings forum, but their scoring is different)

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I say we do an honor system.

-First goal-scorer: two points
-Winner of the game: one point (correct final score prediction with the right team winning gets two points; example: The Hawks beat LA, 4-2, but someone picked LA, 4-2. No extra points would be awarded.)
-Three starts (NHL.com official) would be one point per star

Posters should keep track of their own points by constantly going to "Edit Your Details" when you click "User CP" and update. It's not worth cheating since it gets you nothing but bragging rights.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I'm fine with that scoring system. I think each person can just do the following:

Season point total so far -
1st guess
2nd guess
3rd guess

Sorry if this isn't clear. I'm typing it on my phone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad