Post-Game Talk: Black and Blue Friday in Sunrise. Jets win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
That game had it all. If Helly keeps this up, we're goin' places.
time to jump on the bus
roll-over-car-crash.gif

ooops did I do that wrong

Last edited:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Something has clicked with this team. They have a whole new mindset. They don't fade, and they don't back down and they just keep pushing. I long way to go, but we are seeing what they can be.
I honestly think it was addition by subtraction, for starters. We've seen the impact to a certain extent of the 3 new players, with much more to see from them but the two distractions being gone IMO, is the biggest net positive. The Neiderreiter and Namestnikov acquisitions which were both kind of under the radar signings but the type that Chevy makes have proved a boon to solidifying the forward depth on this team.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This team seems much more than the sum of the few changes that were made.

I don’t know what it was, but wow!

I think it’s also what a team looks like when 10 forwards can all defend well and Schiefele and Connor are also choosing to defend much harder this season. That’s a huge part of the game and this is the most defensively sound forward group in 2.0 era.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
I honestly think it was addition by subtraction, for starters. We've seen the impact to a certain extent of the 3 new players, with much more to see from them but the two distractions being gone IMO, is the biggest net positive. The Neiderreiter and Namestnikov acquisitions which were both kind of under the radar signings but the type that Chevy makes have proved a boon to solidifying the forward depth on this team.
Yup, guys who are tough to play against......

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
That Dillon really mopped the ice up with Reinhart. Very tough guy, and stable defenseman, and the Jets need a couple enforcers like Dillon and Lowry. Please resign Dillon Chevy -- he's very worth what he makes. Few teams will take liberties with our lighter talent guys.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed. Really nice adds to the forward group giving us much more depth and balance and a clean slate for the new team leadership. Lowry is proving to be a very good captain for this team.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Fell asleep and missed the first goal by El Nino, but was awake for the rest. Way to go Helly with the shutout! Love how this team is playing! I give this game five All In The Family's out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Mustard Kitties has been posted with the latest results. As always, there are a lot of games available for making a GDT, why don't you sign up and make Sally Struthers happy (and me as well)... See you guys Sunday. Good night...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That Dillon really mopped the ice up with Reinhart. Very tough guy, and stable defenseman, and the Jets need a couple enforcers like Dillon and Lowry. Please resign Dillon Chevy -- he's very worth what he makes. Few teams will take liberties with our lighter talent guys.
I'm with you. Dillon gives a good measure of toughness from a guy who plays a very solid 2nd pairing game. I'd hate to lose a player like that.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm with you. Dillon gives a good measure of toughness from a guy who plays a very solid 2nd pairing game. I'd hate to lose a player like that.
Yes, totally agree, and according to Cap friendly, he only makes $ 4 mil per year. If you can resign Dillon in the $ 4 to $ 4.3 mil range, you make that deal happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad