Post-Game Talk: Big Oil warming up, Penguins lose habitat

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Yup, there’s enough crap going on in the world that we don’t need to try to create negativity(In general, not saying Brent was doing that). As one gets older you learn to appreciate the good moments when they happen, and try not to dissect them too much.
Thank you Bob. I don’t disagree with you and @Fourier on that point.

Context is everything in a dialogue.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
100%. He is at least playing with a purpose and filling a much needed role right now.
Yes...he deserves credit for stepping up when needed at least.
His defence has been meh so far. Still making the wrong read and he still defaults to backing himself in defending the rush which gives up prime ice to the opposition.
Offence consistently dies on his stick as well. So he should not get any PP time in my opinion.
Barely an adequate #3 dman but this might be as good as it gets for Nurse.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Execution is easier against teams not performing.

Scoring chances easier to come by against teams not defending or contesting ice at all.

I never said anything about "barely squeak out" so why you putting that in quotation marks in reply as if I stated it?

We're all built differently. I'm a purist and prefer a better played game. For instance the Canes game and Dallas game have been my faves this year because they were legitimate tests.

Oilers are playing better though. I think first 3 games were the worst.

Going to respectfully disagree with the first sentence.

It can be really easy to get over confident and have lazy/bad habits creep into your game when an opponent is not performing well

Staying disciplined and not losing focus is a skill. We've seen the Mainstays of this roster play down to their weaker opponents dozens of times over the years and get themselves in trouble because of it.

To keep the Penguins down with right execution and not giving them anything for a full 60mins is a sign of maturity that most of us aren't used to yet.

Now let's see if the Oilers can stay even keeled enough to go out n do it again.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

It can be really easy to get over confident and have lazy/bad habits creep into your game when an opponent is not performing well

Staying disciplined and not losing focus is a skill. We've seen the Mainstays of this roster play down to their weaker opponents dozens of times over the years and get themselves in trouble because of it.

To keep the Penguins down with right execution and not giving them anything for a full 60mins is a sign of maturity that most of us aren't used to yet.

Now let's see if the Oilers can stay even keeled enough to go out n do it again.
You’re kinda saying the same thing @Drivesaitl is. Weak opponents aren’t a good or accurate measuring stick.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Who is moving goalposts? He asked me if I was being legit with my comment and I responded as to why.

If you don’t like it, stay out of the conversation. It didn’t involve you.
Doesn't count because team bad is just that. It's pretty simple, the Oilers destroyed that team, they deserved every inch of the win in all phases of the game. The Pittsburgh Penguins are an NHL team. They aren't great, but they are an NHL team.

Treating the win like the Oilers selected some local bantam team to play is BS and is moving the goal posts

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Doesn't count because team bad is just that. It's pretty simple, the Oilers destroyed that team, they deserved every inch of the win in all phases of the game. The Pittsburgh Penguins are an NHL team. They aren't great, but they are an NHL team.

Treating the win like the Oilers selected some local bantam team to play is BS and is moving the goal posts
I never said they were a bantam team. Now who is moving the goalposts . Don’t be a jackhole.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Thats a good counterpoint sir!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad