Proposal: Big New York/Anaheim deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Gonna put on my Bern hat for a second and come up with an outlandish trade. I apologize if I make anyone's head explode:

Jacob Trouba (assuming he waives)
Kaapo Kakko
Filip Chytil

for

Trevor Zegras
Radko Gudas
Nikita Nesterenko
Jan Mysak

Trouba and Gudas are flopped, with Trouba being younger but Gudas being better. But Chytil AND Kakko are a bit of an overpayment for Zegras, IMO. So I think it balances itself out? But you guys can tell me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Gonna put on my Bern hat for a second and come up with an outlandish trade. I apologize if I make anyone's head explode:

Kaapo Kakko
Filip Chytil

for

Trevor Zegras
Radko Gudas
Nikita Nesterenko
Jan Mysak

Trouba and Gudas are flopped, with Trouba being younger but Gudas being better. But Chytil AND Kakko are a bit of an overpayment for Zegras, IMO. So I think it balances itself out? But you guys can tell me if I'm wrong.
i could definitely see some rangers fans balls burst. this is extremely one-sided.

Reactions: kinghock

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Kaapo Kakko
Filip Chytil

for

Trevor Zegras
Radko Gudas
Nikita Nesterenko
Jan Mysak

1. allegations as to outlandish, upon careful review, usually refutable, so watch it buddy

2. Like Frodo bearing the ring, doing a bern is almost always limited to .... actual bern

you get a mixed grade for this try
... which btw is a no from me

Well you did successfully put your Bern hat on. So congrats on that.
the authority on actual bern ^ has spoken ^.
And the verdict is, not so much

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I actually don't think this is an awful base for a deal but it definitely favors the rags because of the questions around Chytil and Kaako. Zegras though isn't as valuable as I think Ducks fans think he is (sorry guys). There's absolutely zero reason to include Nestorenko and Myask as well, those pluses are on the wrong side. Removing them and adding something else from the Rags with value would at least be more realistic, but I doubt many Ducks fans would be happy with the trade anyways, even if it might serve them in the future. That's also way more of a gamble than it should be for them, so probably best to give it a year or two anyways, either Zegras will show up and improve and be untouchable or Kaako and Chytil will be more consistent and have less questions.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'm not seeing the value for Anaheim here - they are clearly giving up the best player.

Even if Zegras got moved to NYR, I'd imagine it would be for a more attractive package - one of Kakko or Chtyl, a 1st and a prospect or a lesser young player.

Copilot assessment:
Assessment:
  • The trade seems unbalanced. Trouba and Kakko are valuable assets, and Chytil has potential. Zegras is promising, but the Ducks would likely want more for him.

Oct 18, 2011
I knew this was gonna be a zegras trade, but the worst part is just throwing Gudas in there when pretty much every ducks fan loves him. At this point considering all factors I'd rather him over Trouba

Reactions: McDonald19
Oct 18, 2011
I actually don't think this is an awful base for a deal but it definitely favors the rags because of the questions around Chytil and Kaako. Zegras though isn't as valuable as I think Ducks fans think he is (sorry guys). There's absolutely zero reason to include Nestorenko and Myask as well, those pluses are on the wrong side. Removing them and adding something else from the Rags with value would at least be more realistic, but I doubt many Ducks fans would be happy with the trade anyways, even if it might serve them in the future. That's also way more of a gamble than it should be for them, so probably best to give it a year or two anyways, either Zegras will show up and improve and be untouchable or Kaako and Chytil will be more consistent and have less questions.
There aren't any ducks fans making any of the zegras trades because we all know trading him after the year he had would be dumb

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
nvm

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
99% of Ducks fans are happy to keep Z and let him develop after a year filled with injuries and learning to play a two-way game under a new coach and new system. He's still young, has tremendous upside and produced 60+ point seasons back to back on a bottom feeder team before his injury year. These are the facts and anyone who wants to argue otherwise to try and gaslight us into thinking he's worth spare parts can **** right off tyvm.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
There aren't any ducks fans making any of the zegras trades because we all know trading him after the year he had would be dumb
I'm well aware of that, and think it's likely that the Ducks just hold onto him and SHOULD hold onto him and see what they have because he's very young and I think Carlsson will eventually be the #1C and Zegras will look fantastic in a role where he isn't required to take on the majority of responsibilities and probably will just keep progressing anyways. I wasn't saying at all that the Ducks should even consider trading Zegras. I was just saying that while the Ducks probably should hold onto him, I don't think he has the value Ducks fans see in him (which is a lot) and that while like I said I don't think they should trade him, this is a relatively fair base for a deal with a few extra adds on the Rags side, still doesn't make sense for the Ducks to do, just is fair value wise.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If I’m the Rangers I’d say no, but I think Zegras is the most overhyped player in the league who would fail miserably on a competitive team. I think Verbeek knows this too.

Reactions: The S5

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
If I’m the Rangers I’d say no, but I think Zegras is the most overhyped player in the league who would fail miserably on a competitive team. I think Verbeek knows this too.
trouba: cap dump, negative value
chytil: one concussion away from retirement, speculative value
kakko: no production, bearish value

you don't have to be high on zegras, as i am not sure i would assign positive value to the rangers pakage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad