OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Go See A Star War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Most of my obscure picks are on the Vita...outside of indies I don't think there's any huge sleeper must-plays on the PS4 yet.

Persona 5 will almost certainly take that title when it's released, but that's not happening this year.

NHL 16...meh. It's good, but it's the game we should have gotten last year. Gameplay is largely unchanged (still very good), but the 'big improvements' were basically related to putting modes back into the game. When the biggest improvement for the game for me is the fact that I can edit players again...yeah. It's good, but with MGS5 & Madden out it's just sitting on my XBone dashboard.

If you're into soccer it appears PES curb-stomped FIFA this year.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm not entirely sure what is on PSN that I could recommend. I use Steam.

I've been playing a bunch of smaller independent games the last year or so. Cheap, often well done and can be super addictive. I figure you have almost certainly heard of a few of these but here are some of my favorite "lower key" games from the last year or so (EDIT -- I should say "that I've been PLAYING from the last year or so. Most of these games came out more than a year ago):

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages (space combat/RPG)
Endless Legend (4X strategy)
FTL (space roguelike)
Transistor (action RPG)
Shadowrun: Dragonfall (RPG -- they just came out with a new module/expansion, too)
Pillars of Eternity (Baldur's-Gate-spawn RPG -- thanks Ogre)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (action strategy)
Sunless Sea (Lovecraftian Survival Explorer)
Terraria (2D sandbox exploration RPG)

Sorry if that isn't very helpful. They might not have any of those on PSN, AFAIK.

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You can add me if you want. It's the same as on here. But I'm in offline mode 95% of the time because my internet connection is utter trash.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Calvin and Hobbes basically taught me life.

I still have all the old books from my childhood. Some of theme quite old and careworn, by now.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I do have a Vita, actually, and I barely touch it. If you want to suggest something that might save it from a trade in I'm open.

I'm a huge Persona & Danganronpa fan. Persona 4 Golden & the first 2 Danganronpas are must-play Vita games in my book (as well as the older Personas that aren't Vita games, but are playable on the Vita, such as Persona 3 Portable (PSP game). The newest Danganronpa is a spin-off and is only for super fans of the series.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Well I can kiss digital cable (in my bedroom) goodbye. My mom got me an Android box as an early birthday gift.

Now I can stream any channel, movie, upcoming or past boxing PPV etc. for free on my TV instead of on my PC. :yo:

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I'm a huge Persona & Danganronpa fan. Persona 4 Golden & the first 2 Danganronpas are must-play Vita games in my book (as well as the older Personas that aren't Vita games, but are playable on the Vita, such as Persona 3 Portable (PSP game). The newest Danganronpa is a spin-off and is only for super fans of the series.

Persona 4 is like $20 so maybe I'll go with it. Check some of this weeaboo **** out.

Also my PSN name for those interested is Szathanas.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Xbox: Penguins23

On another note, I'm going in a totally different direction from my last trip to Pittsburgh. Last time I stayed downtown in a fancy hotel. This time I got a crappy hotel in Greentree and rented a car. Definitely cabbing to the Steelers game so I can get drunk but for the Pirates games I'll probably drive to a parking lot somewhere and take the T-Train over.

6 days left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad