Prospect Info: Between the Benches: Calder Cup Playoffs

crashman

I thought some of you would enjoy this.

After watching this, I'm find myself very excited to see Tomas Tatar on this team next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Great video, the Griffin's media people are great hopefully the Griffs pay them well. I for one would hate to lose those guys I enjoy pretty much everything they release.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
All four vets are back under contract.

The Griffins won't be quite as old/overripe, but they should actually be more talented as frightening as that must sound to a lot of the AHL.

Really good video the Griffins people really should be getting poached by major sports teams, they are phenomenal

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I thought this was going to be about the space between myself and Uno Bench.

Alright, I'm done milking that joke now. You're all safe. And seriously cool video. I love that kind of stuff. I'm getting all excited just thinking about the HBO 24/7 this year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I thought this was going to be about the space between myself and Uno Bench.

Alright, I'm done milking that joke now. You're all safe. And seriously cool video. I love that kind of stuff. I'm getting all excited just thinking about the HBO 24/7 this year.

Don't say things you don't mean, anytime there is a Bench joke available you're going to take it.

crashman

Let's hope so. I have a bad feeling he's going to get traded.

Unfortunately, so do I. I really didn't understand why he was sent down last season when he was playing so well. He was one of our best forwards during that stretch of games he played in Detroit.

He's the main reason why I'm not disappointed about us passing up on Brunner (I'm relieved actually), because I think he's a better player in every area, except Brunner probably has a better shot.

In some ways, it does make sense for him to be traded, but it had better be for a young (ish) top 4 defenseman.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
WHy would you even consider trading Tatar? I would even trade Nyquist before Tatar, Tatar is going to be a very good player in the NHL, close to star status..

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Unfortunately, so do I. I really didn't understand why he was sent down last season when he was playing so well. He was one of our best forwards during that stretch of games he played in Detroit.

He had a mission in AHL. And he completed that in perfect way.
He's the main reason why I'm not disappointed about us passing up on Brunner (I'm relieved actually), because I think he's a better player in every area, except Brunner probably has a better shot.

In some ways, it does make sense for him to be traded, but it had better be for a young (ish) top 4 defenseman.

Should we think these summer moves this way:

Brunner --> Tatar
Cleary --> Alfie
Filppula --> Weiss

mottjm7

Jan 30, 2009
Grandville, Michigan
WHy would you even consider trading Tatar? I would even trade Nyquist before Tatar, Tatar is going to be a very good player in the NHL, close to star status..

I agree but I think both players shouldn't be traded. They will both be very good Pros. Neither of them should have less than a permanent top 9 role next year. Babcock did play Bert on the 4th line some and Franzen down on the 3rd line some so I think there is hope for that.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden

He's pretty small. Can he handle the NHL anyway? Its fully possible, and of course I would very much love to see him be given a fair chance to prove himself. But I guess that might be a reason to want to trade him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's pretty small. Can he handle the NHL anyway? Its fully possible, and of course I would very much love to see him be given a fair chance to prove himself. But I guess that might be a reason to want to trade him.

He is small, but stronger and faster Hudler ever was. And playing in the bottom6 against easier matchups, he will be a force. Great depth for the team.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Words can't express my disappointment if Tatar isn't playing at least 3rd line minutes this coming year.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Here's the latest episode, on the Marlies series:

Great job once again from the GR staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad