TV: Better Late Than Never | Shatner, Winkler, Bradshaw, Foreman

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
‘Better Late Than Never’ Sends William Shatner, Henry Winkler, Terry Bradshaw, George Foreman on a Riotous Far East Road Trip

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/better-lat...a-riotous-far-east-road-trip-2-140024048.html

I couldn't disagree more with the above review. This program is a travesty. It essentially copies the Karl Pilkington 'An Idiot Abroad' series format but with 4 idiots instead of one. And with 4 ****ing idiots combined this series doesn't hold a candle to Pilkington's celebrated series. Fast edits, terrible one on one interviews with the stars interspersed among lame location acting, just awful. Even the always endearing Terry Bradshaw and his bumbling shtick can't save this abomination.

This review is more on the mark in my opinion but is still exceedingly kind. But if you're the type of person who slows down to get a better look at car accidents, this series is for you.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The commercial piqued my interest when it seemed like An Idiot Abroad, but, the more clips that I saw, the more that it seemed to be scripted comedy. Is it scripted? Even if it's not, it seems like they're trying hard to be funny... at least Winkler and, maybe, Shatner (Bradshaw and Foreman barely factor into the commercials). An Idiot Abroad was hilarious because Karl wasn't trying to be funny or make light out of every situation. The situations and his reactions were real, and the awkwardly long edits emphasized that. This series could be similarly funny if it were like that. If it's not and it's scripted and/or overly "packaged," then that's disappointing (though not at all surprising, considering the network).

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Didn't we have a similar movie a few years back? I believe it had Morgan Freeman and other old geezers doing stuff

You're referring to The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Yeah, that was somewhat similar. I suppose that An Idiot Abroad mixed with The Bucket List may've been what the producers had in mind, though the former was hilarious and the latter was touching and this (though I haven't seen it) seems to be neither.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You're referring to The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Yeah, that was somewhat similar. I suppose that An Idiot Abroad mixed with The Bucket List may've been what the producers had in mind, though the former was hilarious and the latter was touching and this (though I haven't seen it) seems to be neither.

Could also be Last Vegas with Freeman, Douglas, Kline and De Niro.

I mean, they did stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad