Better Game 7 Performer: Justin Williams or Connor McDavid?

Who do you take for a Game 7?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Yes, Williams has a very good track record in game 7's. I'm still picking McDavid. The difference in talent is enormous.

Consider the sample sizes. Justin Williams has only played in 9 game 7's. Are we going to trust those nine games more than the 1,200+ games he's played in? Flukes can happen in any small subset of games.

I might hesitate if we're comparing McDavid to a franchise centre HOF'er with a great track record in game 7's (Mark Messier, Doug Gilmour, Sergei Fedorov, etc) - especially when they provide more than just scoring. But McDavid is so far ahead of Williams as a player, there shouldn't be much debate here.

Ignatius

Connor McCaitlin Clark
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Perhaps I should make a poll: Michael Jordan versus Tom Brady versus Connor McDavid, best at their respective sport? It might be a hail Mary but I think McDavid is a slam dunk to win that poll.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Justin Williams is a legend for sure, but if the question is about hockey and contains the word better, I'm going with Connor McDavid at this point.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Williams has been more mythical in his clutch goals/performances (they don't call him Mr. Game 7 for nothing) but there's no way in hell I take him over McDavid. McJesus is the elite of the elite, while Justin Williams is just Justin WIlliams.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Everyone can change their votes now.

I don't think EDM would have won if they had had prime Williams instead of McDavid. It was a pretty tight-checking game and I don't think a complementary winger would have put the Oilers over the top if you removed their top C. The fact that Draisaitl couldn't shoot properly or play his best in the last two rounds makes me that much less willing to take Williams instead of McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad