• Crosby + Malkin

• N Suzuki + N Suzuki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
why do a hypothetical vote? and clone a player? Leon D and McJesus vs several actual combos today. Also, why not make it "at their peak"? Both Sid the KId and Geno are winding down their careers. Suzuki has never topped 40 goals and 100 pts
Yeah! Why not make it a poll of chocolate vs peanut butter? How dare somebody have their own individual thoughts and discussions when there are other thoughts and discussions out there that I am personally more interested in!

Love Suzuki, but Crosby is still one of the best all time and Malkin is still really good

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
why do a hypothetical vote? and clone a player? Leon D and McJesus vs several actual combos today. Also, why not make it "at their peak"? Both Sid the KId and Geno are winding down their careers. Suzuki has never topped 40 goals and 100 pts
OP made the poll because of a discussion in another thread where the scenario was proposed

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Not sure where the crossover point happens, and it might not be that far off...but for now, it's still Crosby + Malkin. They're both still better than Suzuki. Though he's fast encroaching on Malkin territory.

Malkin's numbers look a lot worse than they normally would last year, because Erik Karlsson completely decimated that Penguins powerplay. Malkin's even strength production wasn't even really that far off "normal" for recent seasons. He just suffered more than anybody, for an absolutely pathetic powerplay where he didn't collect his usual points there. And it's not like he just forgot how to powerplay. It was just a terrible mix of players trying to shoehorn Karlsson in there when you already have PP experts. Too many cooks in the kitchen sort of thing.
Erik Karlsson PP goal differential: +5.1 goals/60
Kris Letang PP goals differential: +1 goal/60

In terms of expected goals Karlsson was 8th among dmen with +10.37/60. Don't blame karlsson for the rest of the penguins inability to finish

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Definitely the Pittsburgh duo.

I'm a Habs fan and think highly of Suzuki - I also think he was fantastic in the playoffs previously, so is the type to do well there rather than choke. So 2 Suzukis is enticing for a playoff run.

But the way I see it is - if Crosby/Malkin falter and do poorly? It's close, slight edge to Suzuki's maybe
If Crosby/Malkin do really good - big edge to them

It's just the smarter choice.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Love this pettiness, good job
And he comments he's surprised that some people think Suzuki is better than Malkin. So, if you clearly think Malkin is better, why even put up the poll. Such a troll job lol.

Maybe I should put up a poll of 2 Jack Hughes' vs McDavid and Draisaitl and see how that goes :laugh:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think Malkin's a clear step behind what he once was, where he's only more of a 2C at this point, but Crosby is so much better than Suzuki that it's the Penguins duo clearly.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Crosby >>> Suzuki
Suzuki > Malkin

Give me the clear-cut best player since the gap between he and Suzuki is bigger than the gap between Suzuki and Malkin, until proven otherwise.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
For the first time ever while playing close to a full season, Malkin finishes under a PPG and somehow he’s now washed?

I agree here. Malkin didn’t look good, but I’ll have to see him play the same or worse next season before casting him off as chum.

Reactions: sanscosm

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
And he comments he's surprised that some people think Suzuki is better than Malkin. So, if you clearly think Malkin is better, why even put up the poll. Such a troll job lol.

Maybe I should put up a poll of 2 Jack Hughes' vs McDavid and Draisaitl and see how that goes :laugh:
Gotta respect it when you see some real high level hater shit

Reactions: Habano

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm taking the guy who nearly reached N. Suzuki's total points without even counting the added powerplay points. People generally overuse AINEC. But right AINEC. Eventually, Crosby will get even older and Suzuki will get better, but we're talking about right now. Like, today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium