Bets I Made Yesterday

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
2/3 of the season down, good time to revisit. 27/27/28, we have 28 left.

(hey Note in Ky, that redo button is a useless button. Appreciate the tip but it's useless, just lost everything and redo was more useless than Showcase on an NHL roster)

Bet #1. Steen either needs 18 in 28 or missing 3 more games to neuter the bet conditions of Steen playing 70 games.

Bet #2. Can lose 7 games in regulation over final 28 to win this.
21-7-0
20-7-1
19-7-2
18-7-3
17-7-4
16-7-5
All reasonable but no lock, especially with the ******** way the team has been playing the last 10 games or so.

Bet #3. Was always a bad bet, still is.

Bet #4. Hey what do you know, still a health bet just like I said it was. 28 games left, Petro needs 12 in 28 for 50, Shattenkirk needs 14 in 28 for 50, Bouwmeester needs 10 in 28 for 40. Healthy, this is easily won.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I wouldn't say he is definitely out $80. Taking a look at the bets, he has an outside chance of winning money. I would have definitely taken the other side of the bets had I been on the board back then. Most likely he'll lose $40, but one bet can be nulled and one bet can be won. Here is the breakdown:

1) Steen will not score 45 and it was wildly optimistic to think he could. This, imo, was the worst bet. But he stipulated Steen has to play 70. He has 64 games played with 7 left. If the Blues sit him to rest before the playoffs or he gets a minor ding, it could be nullified. Unlikely given the Blues desire for the President's trophy but stranger things have happened.

2) 17 losses with 7 to go. I am very confident we won't lose 3 in regulation over that stretch. Decently tough schedule, but still very doable to not lose 3.

3) Bad bet then, bad bet now. No chance unless you start bribing the people who vote on the award.

4) Petro has 50. Shatty needs 6 in 7 for 50. J-bo needs 4 in 7 for 40. Shatty would have to get a hot steak and J-Bo a solid couple games, but neither is outside the realm of possibility.

If I were to predict things now, I'd say he will lose $40 (lose bets 1,3,4 and win 2). But he has things to hope for where he can actually win $20 (null 1, win 2 and 4, lose 3). I think the thing he most needs to hope for is that his friend forgets these bets. Overall though, very close for some ballsy bets.

Edit: Seems Steen is out with a minor injury tonight. He misses one more and the first bet is nulled.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad