Best matches that never happened

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Good call. I just wonder how they would make that believable.

I guess it could work with a lot of countering/reversing.

Oh that's easy, Brock mostly dominates the match with power moves and Bryan gets a few catches of Lesnar in submission moves. Lesnar should still be booked to win in most situations but believability with DB and Lesnar is easy. They've both done that story before and are very good at it.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I know in hindsight with his health it worked out they didn't push DB again, but THIS was the match I wanted to see at Mania last year. Think most people did too.

Nakamura vs Daniel Bryan is on my list. It is worse because with him now in WWE if DB was healthy it legit could of happened.

Doubt it will happen so Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks vs New Day

I was going to say Nakamura vs Bryan

Isn't that one of the reasons Nakamura wanted to come to WWE ?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was going to say Nakamura vs Bryan

Isn't that one of the reasons Nakamura wanted to come to WWE ?

I think so, and DB was pushing hard for WWE to do a cross promotion with New Japan so they could have a match before the concussions took their toll.

They both wanted to have it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I have always wondered why Bret agreed to work with him while in WCW when they were both in the NWO, knowing about their past when both were in the WWE.

I don't think Brett is a big politic guy. Ya he moans a lot, but I think he still did what he was asked most of the time. Also I don't think he was in much of a position to be choicy at that point in his career.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
2) HBK vs. The Rock. I don't even know if these guys ever fought?

I heard Shawn wanted this match when he came back from injury, but Rock refused to do it because HBK was a dick to him when Rock was a rookie.

I wish Chris Hero "Kassius Ohno" stayed in developmental a little while longer, imagine all the insane matches he could have worked in 2014-present NXT. Hero vs. Zayn, Hero vs. Owens, Hero vs. Neville, Hero vs. Balor, Hero vs. Itami, Hero vs. Joe, Hero vs. Crews, Hero vs. Breeze, Hero vs. Nakamura......

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart - Now that would be a technical masterpiece.

Note to Chris Cutter: I have been planning for a summer fantasy draft since following the last one and I want in when it happens this year.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart - Now that would be a technical masterpiece.

Note to Chris Cutter: I have been planning for a summer fantasy draft since following the last one and I want in when it happens this year.

It'll happen, and I'm glad you're interested.

Just gotta figure out the best time to do it :)

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Angle/Hart
Angle/Savage
Angle/Bryan
Hart/Bryan
Hart/Punk
Lesnar/Hart
Lesnar/Bryan
Lesnar/Owen Hart

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
If you want to get technical, there WAS a Sting-UT match in WCW when the latter was Mark Callous in 1990. As the story goes, the match was so terrible that they dragged Harley Race out of retirement in the next town to do the match. Mark would leave the company shortly after. Probably for the best.

I would have loved to see a William Regal-Bruno Sammartino match, but their careers barely crossed if at all. Or Regal-Backlund.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
What a charismatic match Rock vs HBK would have been. The wrestling would have told a better story alone than the storylines going on today.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I heard Shawn wanted this match when he came back from injury, but Rock refused to do it because HBK was a dick to him when Rock was a rookie.

I wish Chris Hero "Kassius Ohno" stayed in developmental a little while longer, imagine all the insane matches he could have worked in 2014-present NXT. Hero vs. Zayn, Hero vs. Owens, Hero vs. Neville, Hero vs. Balor, Hero vs. Itami, Hero vs. Joe, Hero vs. Crews, Hero vs. Breeze, Hero vs. Nakamura......

i feel like i've seen the bolded...:sarcasm:?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If you want to get technical, there WAS a Sting-UT match in WCW when the latter was Mark Callous in 1990. As the story goes, the match was so terrible that they dragged Harley Race out of retirement in the next town to do the match. Mark would leave the company shortly after. Probably for the best.

I would have loved to see a William Regal-Bruno Sammartino match, but their careers barely crossed if at all. Or Regal-Backlund.

There was a match Vince scouted where Taker could barely move due to an injury and he nearly wasn't signed by WWF because of it.

Was it this match?

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
There was a match Vince scouted where Taker could barely move due to an injury and he nearly wasn't signed by WWF because of it.

Was it this match?

I doubt it since UT was a last minute replacement for Barry Windham. The timeline suggests that WWF probably already had him coming in since he gave notice to WCW within a week of the show happening (which was Sept. 1, 1990 in Greensboro before only 2,600)

Rexy

May 2, 2012
London, Ontario

nobody to blame for that but Hero himself. He was told by brass to get into shape and hit the gym lots of times and just didn't.

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
At least we're gonna see this:

I want to see that so much, I think I'll have to get the stream.
I wish they'd come north, I'd love to take my wife to one of their shows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad