Value of: best LW@50% for 2022 top 10 protected 1st+Amirov/Robertson/Niemela+2021 2nd+Ritche to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
So whats the best LW out there that a 2022 top ten protected 1st+ 1 of Robertson/Amirov/Niemela+2022 2nd+Ritche can get
Term wise if its a rental it best be 1 of the best on the market, preferably 1 to 2 yrs left on a deal and salary coming in around 3-3.5 max @50%

Reactions: zcaptain

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Not really interested in giving up a first and more futures.

Short-term gain -- maybe -- for long-term pain.

No thanks. Not for this Leafs' fan.

It would be deja vu all over again.
I think it depends on the level of player we are able to add. Also we will still have next yrs 1st and 2 out of 3 of Amirov/Robertson/Niemela

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So whats the best LW out there that a 2022 top ten protected 1st+ 1 of Robertson/Amirov/Niemela+2022 2nd+Ritche can get
Term wise if its a rental it best be 1 of the best on the market, preferably 1 to 2 yrs left on a deal and salary coming in around 3-3.5 max @50%

Not really interested in giving up a first and more futures.

Short-term gain -- maybe -- for long-term pain.

No thanks. Not for this Leafs' fan.

It would be deja vu all over again.

Ryan Strome is your man.
Sure, a righty shot C he is more natural fit at RW than LW, but obv he can handle off hand if nec.

NY is solid this yr but has Fox ext etc next yr.
Must be sold to highest bidder.

Howev, as to long term retaining value, he checks off that box also.
Native son who grew up a leafs fan, while he would likely want 6+ easy on his next deal, I could see him doing 5-5.25 x 4-5 yrs.
No prob to have chat w/his agent first, finalize a deal that kicks in after this one.

As to price, not greedy here.
Working on CF saying you have zip in cap and need space, can do

Strome at half = 2.25 + Hajek .8+ = just over 3
for
Holl 2 x 2 and Kerfoot 3.5 x 2 = 5.5 total + of course Leafs 2022 1st + a lesser pick

so Rangers eat ballpark 2.5 cap before flipping both

doubt you get better than Strome/more accommodating offer

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Evander Kane baby. Sharks will retain 50 and we dont even need that stuff

Kane 2 anywhere, 30 goal scorer, you'll love him on the ice
If he were an upcoming UFA or even had 1 yr left, I would take a shot but I feel it would be pretty cheap, actually wait we would have to include a roster player and IMO thats a big risk. Because if Kane isn't playing up to par it may actually hurt to lose Ritche. Ritche and Simmonds have been solid at keeping the other teams guys honest.
From San Jose Hertl would be more my target, or Rielly Smith or Forsberg

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
@bernmeister --you lost me at the Leafs' first-round pick.

I appreciate that you're just responding to a Leafs' fan request for trade proposals seeking a LW. I'm just not on board with that idea to begin with. Not for Strom. Not for JT Miller. Not for anyone in another round of musical chairs.

I'm one of the morons who think that hockey is a team game where you win more by building a team than by switching parts in and out.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Ryan Strome is your man.
Sure, a righty shot C he is more natural fit at RW than LW, but obv he can handle off hand if nec.

NY is solid this yr but has Fox ext etc next yr.
Must be sold to highest bidder.

Howev, as to long term retaining value, he checks off that box also.
Native son who grew up a leafs fan, while he would likely want 6+ easy on his next deal, I could see him doing 5-5.25 x 4-5 yrs.
No prob to have chat w/his agent first, finalize a deal that kicks in after this one.

As to price, not greedy here.
Working on CF saying you have zip in cap and need space, can do

Strome at half = 2.25 + Hajek .8+ = just over 3
for
Holl 2 x 2 and Kerfoot 3.5 x 2 = 5.5 total + of course Leafs 2022 1st + a lesser pick

so Rangers eat ballpark 2.5 cap before flipping both

doubt you get better than Strome/more accommodating offer
I don't hate the idea of Strome but IMO he is on the B list, but I don't think the Rangers will be in a position to sell. I think we will both be buyers, so its hard to make a deal when we both want to keep 99% of the guys on our rosters.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

I appreciate that you're just responding to a Leafs' fan request for trade proposals seeking a LW. I'm just not on board with that idea to begin with. Not for Strom. Not for JT Miller. Not for anyone in another round of musical chairs.

I'm one of the morons who think that hockey is a team game where you win more by building a team than by switching parts in and out.

The Cup window is now though. Adding Miller (for example) for this year and next is worth more than a late first rounder...

Miller would cost more than that but my point remains.

If the Leafs were rebuilding I would agree but clearly they are not.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Bertuzzi.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Evander Kane baby. Sharks will retain 50 and we dont even need that stuff
Get another team to retain another 50% and I think about it.
I really don’t think he would be able to handle the spotlight that is the Toronto hockey media. But at least at that cost we can find another team to take him or we could bury him in the minors with out too much problem

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't hate the idea of Strome but IMO he is on the B list, but I don't think the Rangers will be in a position to sell. I think we will both be buyers, so its hard to make a deal when we both want to keep 99% of the guys on our rosters.

I get you want the best add possible, that logically suggests strongest fortify of your roster going forward.

But who is available, and at what reasonable price, which is a better option than R Strome?
who?
Tarasenko -- but salary $ even w/max retain seems a no.

Who else?
who?

Strome has to go.
Self renting for NY is hubris, self indulgent folly.

bottom line is we can't add his salary next year.
ergo, this yr is irrelevant

Regardless of how far we push into po's this yr, our best move is to add futures that do not add salary, which can build depth or be flipped later on.

Another Tavares type exit is not acceptable.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
A late 1st. (Top 10 protected for some reason).
An ok prospect. A second and a dump.

That isn’t going to get you a top winger with retained salary.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Please go back and give a full read.

Strome likely to re-sign w/Leafs at a mo reasonable # than otherwise.
And am willing to do you full chat w/his peeps so extension is instant upon his acquisition.
That defeats your legit concern of getting somebody who walks and it cost you.

You could gamble you get him free in ufa, but no guarantee there and w/nyr selling anyway, there is a chance he is a comfy fit for another team who will pay the 1m-ish more per so he doesn't hit the market.

Also have to weigh the cost/risk of a later 1at, then wait a yr/2, then more time to work into lineup, assuming your draft pick is good. That's as opposed to plug and play Strome being a known commodity in his prime, short term 4-5 yr deal ending his early 30s, contributing now.

pls advise if above makes enuf dif to do deal

--------
Dif pros and cons to each
opportunity unique to each situation

agree generally speaking there is a general need to build a solid foundation,
then splurge add as makes dif to get you to the top

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I get you want the best add possible, that logically suggests strongest fortify of your roster going forward.

But who is available, and at what reasonable price, which is a better option than R Strome?
who?
Tarasenko -- but salary $ even w/max retain seems a no.

Who else?
who?

Strome has to go.
Self renting for NY is hubris, self indulgent folly.

bottom line is we can't add his salary next year.
ergo, this yr is irrelevant

Regardless of how far we push into po's this yr, our best move is to add futures that do not add salary, which can build depth or be flipped later on.

Another Tavares type exit is not acceptable.
I was thinking Hertl, Forsberg, Smith

A late 1st. (Top 10 protected for some reason).
An ok prospect. A second and a dump.

That isn’t going to get you a top winger with retained salary.
We can't really take on term so any RFA's are not really an option. That brings us to rentals and players with 1 yr left after this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad