Best Hockey Podcasts?

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Any recommendations for good hockey podcasts? Mostly interested in ones about the NHL.

Particularly looking for ones in French or Swedish/Norwegian/Danish, if anybody knows good ones in those languages.
I listen to:

Puck Podcast
Puck Soup
The Jeff Marek Show
32 Thoughts
The Athletic Hockey Show

And also Hockeypuls' NHL-puls episodes and Skitstöveln som trejdade Wayne Gretzky och andra berättelser om NHL in Swedish.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Hockey PDOcast is my go to. Especially for in depth analysis of players.

The YouTube channel is also great for highlights that go beyond just goals/assists and actually showcases specific skills of each player. For example, the Auston matthews mix this year has a whole section of his takeaway plays and stickhandles.

Playlist of their player deepdives.

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
Any recommendations for good hockey podcasts? Mostly interested in ones about the NHL.

Particularly looking for ones in French or Swedish/Norwegian/Danish, if anybody knows good ones in those languages.
I recommend not listening any hockey podcasts at all. I mean, I don't get it? Why do people want to hear what a bunch of talking heads think about hockey related stuff?

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
I recommend not listening any hockey podcasts at all. I mean, I don't get it? Why do people want to hear what a bunch of talking heads think about hockey related stuff?
Hehe, is there really a difference between listening to it and reading it? I mean, isn't HFBoards really just seeing what a bunch of writing heads think about hockey related stuff? :D

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
Hehe, is there really a difference between listening to it and reading it? I mean, isn't HFBoards really just seeing what a bunch of writing heads think about hockey related stuff? :D
Well there's interaction between you and the other user. I wouldn't be reading any of the stuff that I see in here if I couldn't participate in it. The problem with podcasts is that at times they just have so unbelievably stupid takes that it makes it just infuriating to listen to them.

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
Bro you been on here 13 years, what do you think you’ve been doing this whole time?
Already said it. I have the option to voice out my opinion on things here, it's conversation. With podcasts i'm just listening to other people's opinion without having any input.
Now if there was a hockey podcast that concentrated on stuff behind the scenes and history part of hockey that might be interesting. All the (finnish) podcasts that i've listened to just suck ass in my opinion and I get nothing out of them.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

ProfessorFink22

May 28, 2020
Already said it. I have the option to voice out my opinion on things here, it's conversation. With podcasts i'm just listening to other people's opinion without having any input.
Now if there was a hockey podcast that concentrated on stuff behind the scenes and history part of hockey that might be interesting. All the (finnish) podcasts that i've listened to just suck ass in my opinion and I get nothing out of them.
I like to think the average poster here isn't *quite* as connected as Elliot Friedman. Scratch that, I like to think most the personalities that cover hockey professionally (I know not all podcasts are like that) have more to say than the average HF poster.

(you don't like stupid takes but choose HFboards over a podcast, really?)

I also drive a lot, and can't listen to HFboards on my truck's radio. Weird thread for you to grind an axe on.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Want to throw Dropping the Gloves in here, John Scott’s podcast. One of the few podcasts that I will listen too while taking my kids to and from hockey stuff.

Completely family friendly and he is pretty entertaining.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Want to throw Dropping the Gloves in here, John Scott’s podcast. One of the few podcasts that I will listen too while taking my kids to and from hockey stuff.

Completely family friendly and he is pretty entertaining.
He's also good for getting player and team info wrong a dozen times a week.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Puck Podcast is by far my favorite perhaps the best podcast out there.

The Hockey News podcast is quite good too.

Spittin' Chiclets has its moments with some decent interviews but I can't listen to a whole show of frat-bro talk.

Reactions: Faterson

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
I like to think the average poster here isn't *quite* as connected as Elliot Friedman. Scratch that, I like to think most the personalities that cover hockey professionally (I know not all podcasts are like that) have more to say than the average HF poster.

(you don't like stupid takes but choose HFboards over a podcast, really?)

I also drive a lot, and can't listen to HFboards on my truck's radio. Weird thread for you to grind an axe on.
Let me give you an explanation.
For obvious reasons I listen to finnish podcasts. The best one is Kimanttia which includes Kimmo timonen and a finnish hockey commentator. EVERY F***IN time Timonen is about tell something interesting from his past career etc. he gets cut off by the other guy and you never hear the story. Rest of the time I feel like they're just saying things that they think finnish hockey fans want to hear. And the rest of the finnish podcasts are even worse and like I said, I get nothing out of them.
On the other hand I could see myself listening to hockey podcasts if they were done in an interesting way, but they aren't.

Most of the podcasts I've listened to is just guys sharing their thoughts about current events around the league and I really don't find that very interesting. I don't honestly give a hoot what Elliot Friedman or some other expert thinks about this or that signing etc.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Raw knuckles podcast with Chris nilan and Tim stapleton is pretty good for those who like to hear from players of the past and their stories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad