Best first line

Best first line in the NHL?

• Total voters

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Super close.

McDavid > Bergeron
Draisaitl > Pastrnak (or Draisaitl >= Pastrnak)
Kassian <<< Marchand

Voted Bruins, but I don’t think anyone will argue against McDrai being the best duo in the NHL.

Man Pulju made a mistake pouting in Europe, if he kept grinding and working on his game he’d be on the top line eventually with McDrai.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak

Or

Draisaitl McDavid Kassian*

* I'm putting Kassian here but I don't think it really matters.

The Boston line seems better but they often seem to be out there with Chara, went with Edmonton as they have the top 2 of the 6 players listed and Kassian plays his role in a very good way when on the ice with the 2 Oiler studs.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Boston easy, for the same reason why the Pizza Line was better than the West Coast Express.

I'm also waiting to see if Edmonton's line can translate their success into the playoffs as the Boston trio have done.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Boston easy, for the same reason why the Pizza Line was better than the West Coast Express.

I'm also waiting to see if Edmonton's line can translate their success into the playoffs as the Boston trio have done.

The Boston trio scored 27 of Boston's 79 goals in last years playoffs, so success in the playoff is more a team thing.

Even Marchand who was Boston's leading scorer he was in on 23 of those 79 goals.

Also the Big 4 on the back end for Boston and some guy named Tukka Rask are miles better than the Oilers big 4 on defense and Koskinen, even though he has been decent this season.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Boston trio scored 27 of Boston's 79 goals in last years playoffs, so success in the playoff is more a team thing.

Even Marchand who was Boston's leading scorer he was in on 23 of those 79 goals.

Also the Big 4 on the back end for Boston and some guy named Tukka Rask are miles better than the Oilers big 4 on defense and Koskinen, even though he has been decent this season.

I wasn't talking about team success.

All three hover around point-per-game in the post-season which is the hardest time of the year to put up offence.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Voted Bruins because that's the quintessential 'whole greater than sum of parts' line.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Man Oilers just need someone to replace Kassian to make that an unbelievable line

Reactions: MC2D

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Boston but only because the Oilers don't have a third player on their line of the same caliber.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Voted Boston simply based on the fact that it takes 3 people to make a line. Edmonton's is a duo with a throw-in.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Voted Boston they just just don't have a weak link. Bergeron as good as he is offensively is even better defensively. Pasta and the Rat are top ten caliber players as well. McDavid and Drai are awesome as well but Kassian is nowhere close to anyone else here.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Right now it's Boston then Colorado, Edmonton underneath. 60 pts in 17 between Barkov, Huberdeau, and Dadonov. Not the the best, but in the top 5 imo.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I respect that Kassian has played well and has complimented his line, but he's the token ugly guy in the boy band here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad