Music: Best album of 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
There's an English Post-Britpop band called Thirteen Senses who released an unannounced album after 10 years and it's quite good. Opening song is interesting, 10+ minutes long not what you'd expect from a pop rock band.

This is really great. It reminds me a bit of a band from Georgia (the state) called Luxury. As I understand it, a band made up 3/4 of Orthodox Priests. Non-religious lyrics though, far as I can tell. They put a brand new album out that I haven't had the chance to listen to yet, for lack of thinking about it. Now's the time.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
I’m really liking the new Bruno Mars/Lady Gaga collab. Has a bit of a 70s pop vibe:

For me this is still the best song of 2024:

todeskultes

harumph
May 28, 2016
Toronto

My three favourite releases so far, still have several in my library that I have not gotten around to listening to yet (Brat and the second half of Diamond Jubilee). I also want to check out the new Uboa if/when I get back in a death industrial mood.

The new Bad Breeding album (Contempt) has me super intrigued now too. They had released a track early which did not do much for me so I just sort of forgot about it. After just dipping my toes in again I will definitely be checking out the whole thing. Still has their great brand of anarcho punk/hardcore/noise rock, though it is sounding (so far) less noisy/dissonant than their earlier releases. I have seen them twice and both shows were great.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
The new John Cale is pretty great:

Owen put out a new one that has some really nice songs.

and Shellac... well, it's 100% Shellac, but an unintentionally posthumously released record is never listened to with the same ear... but it's definitely good.

Starflyer 59 goes about halfway back to their shoegaze roots in their new record, which I really like.

All of these have potential to make my top 10 this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad