Besides Roy, which other forward prospect makes the team?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you think will make the team from camp?

• Total voters

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
If you want to develop a young talent play him with your best players.

That’s why the Pens played Jagr with Mario. Later on they played Sid with Mario.

It just makes sense.
In a perfect world but those scenarios are simply not always an option or possible.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Heineman. The new Ylonen.

I don't see it since Ylonen is the kind of player you don't really want in a 4th line role, too soft. Heineman plays an NHL style game that is very suited for the 4th line imo, I thought maybe he might have more offensive upside and maybe he does since he has missed a lot of time to injuries but we'll see as I'm not sold on him being more then a 4th liner at this point.

I would give him more time in Laval as he had issues with consistency and I'd like to see him work on his offense some more as well.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Would be ideal to keep Dach in a situation where he can cheat a bit.
Unfortunately he doesn't have the reps that Suzuki has to allow him to cheat more and the refs won't cut him too many breaks.
Like Suzuki he does have the type of demeanor that will gain him the respect that will eventually get him there if he stays healthy.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't see it since Ylonen is the kind of player you don't really want in a 4th line role, too soft. Heineman plays an NHL style game that is very suited for the 4th line imo, I thought maybe he might have more offensive upside and maybe he does since he has missed a lot of time to injuries but we'll see as I'm not sold on him being more then a 4th liner at this point.

I would give him more time in Laval as he had issues with consistency and I'd like to see him work on his offense some more as well.
Spot on.
Skated for miles was always around the play but rarely ever was the play.
Frustrating as hell to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Heineman, Beck and Kapanen are probably the most NHL ready. Don't think they want to keep Kapanen as he'd get 1C minutes in the SHL, and Beck 1C minutes in Laval.

So just Heineman, if he grabs it.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Are people really worried ABB will get claimed? :huh:
This 27 year old has been a YoYo for a quite a while now.
Although Seattle did claim him in 2021 he played 2 games and was promptly returned to Syracuse.
I've seen this as a Laval acquisition since day one...

I might actually get a little hot under the collar if he sees games before a number of prospects I could name.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

I wasn’t comparing their playing styles, just their slottings in the F group at 13.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
The habs have 11 forwards (Suzuki, Slaf, Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Roy, Dvorak, Anderson, Gallagher, Armia, Evans) expected to be regulars + Pezzetta as the 13th forward. That leaves us with 1 open spot. Assuming we don't acquire a forward, which prospect do you think will make the team?
The Habs acquired a forward.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

His IQ appears to be very suspect.

Barring a trade or injury there does not appear to be a forward spot available.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad