Besides Roy, which other forward prospect makes the team?

Who do you think will make the team from camp?

• Total voters

Gaud

May 11, 2017
RHP is injured. I have Beck, but im also betting that they are looking for reasons to get rid of certain players. It could be there are more than 1 spot available.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Probably a waiver wire depth piece or a trade. I think we need some veteran depth on this team. it's a young team.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Went with Eillenemeune. He has some experience and his game fits the bottom 6 well. I think the management will want to see what Beck can do in terms of offence with Barré-Boulet on his wing and some PP time with Reinbacher/Hutson/Mailloux. Ditto with Mesar

A 4th line of Heineman-Evans-Anderson against slow team could work, all three are pretty fast

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
I don't think ABB is who the management will want to put in the lineup to start the season. He's 27 years old and has no future with the habs.

They will likely much prefer Farrell or Heineman. Both have a chance to be part of the Habs future and are in their d+5 year, so now's the time to evaluate them. If they don't assess them now at the NHL level, it will be much harder to do it afterward when other prospects are NHL-ready (Beck, Kapanen, Demidov, Xhekaj, Mesar, Tuch, etc.).

Farrell and Heineman could become decent players, so you don't want to lose them for nothing or trade them away without properly evaluating them.

ABB would have to look way better than those 2 in camps to make the team IMO.
unless Farrell grew 3 inches and put up 25lbs of muscle this summer, there is no way he cracks the lineup at the beginning of the season.
Heineman could be the one with his style of play.
As for ABB, I think the organization signed him precisely for a 13th or 14th fw roster role because they want kids like Beck, Mesar, Xhekaj, Tuch and Farrell to get repetitions in the AHL.

Reactions: ReHabs

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
unless Farrell grew 3 inches and put up 25lbs of muscle this summer, there is no way he cracks the lineup at the beginning of the season.
Heineman could be the one with his style of play.
As for ABB, I think the organization signed him precisely for a 13th or 14th fw roster role because they want kids like Beck, Mesar, Xhekaj, Tuch and Farrell to get repetitions in the AHL.

Farrell is about the same size as ABB and Caufield...

Well if ABB is supposed a 13th/14th F, then even more reason to have Farrell/Heineman in the lineup. Both could be regular nhl players.

Farrell and Heineman are going into their d+5 year. Our other prospects (Barron, Ylonen, Harris, Struble, RHP, etc.) played a significant amount of nhl games by the end of their d+5 year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
People forget that he had an absolutely miserable season in Columbus before he joined the Habs.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him rebound like that, although it may take a change of scenery.

Look at when he did well and then compare his ice time. There is a pattern. He’s uninspired playing bottom 6 regardless of how he earned the demotion

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Roy a lock? should be a few auditioning for a spot and not handed to him. There are a few that should get a good look,Farrell,Heinemen,Davidson,Beck,Mesar

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Roy, Heineman, Farrell, Beck & Kapanen... Can't wait to see how they look in preseason.

1 or 2 of them are going to separate themselves from the pack and force their way into the opening night roster

Love this kind of internal competition!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
He’ll have to audition for sure. But I think it’s his to lose barring an addition.

I wouldn't bet against him either. He's a cerebral kid and he's got an entire summer to apply what he learned across two pro leagues. Reinbacher is the other kid I could see making a massive adjustment in a small amount of time on account of his smarts.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
I thought Heinemen was very very close to making the team last season so it wouldn't surprise me to see him make the squad this time.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Roy and Beck should make a good duo. Those kind usually go well together. Roy is smart, two-way player. Beck is good faceoff, defensively. Important in his own end. Plus can chips in a few goals also. If Habs can get 15-20 goals each from their defensive line, huge for team.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I prefer players earn their spot,not handed to them.
That was the Therrien way and it’s why we were one of the worst development teams in the league.

Look what happened when the new regime took over, we played young prospects with our best players - and they immediately improved.

Look at guys like Jagr and Fedorov… when they came up they immediately played with Lemieux and Yzerman respectively. That’s the way to make your young players better.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
That was the Therrien way and it’s why we were one of the worst development teams in the league.

Look what happened when the new regime took over, we played young prospects with our best players - and they immediately improved.

Look at guys like Jagr and Fedorov… when they came up they immediately played with Lemieux and Yzerman respectively. That’s the way to make your young players better.
Not the direction I was addressing and BTW, Suzuki started as a 4th line winger, didn't hurt his game.
This was pertaining to the roster, not line configurations, have to earn the roster spot, can't have it given, but it still happens. It would be refreshing to see experimentation with lines as typically once they do something in camp they don't deviate from it.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not the direction I was addressing and BTW, Suzuki started as a 4th line winger, didn't hurt his game.
This was pertaining to the roster, not line configurations, have to earn the roster spot, can't have it given, but it still happens. It would be refreshing to see experimentation with lines as typically once they do something in camp they don't deviate from it.
From a roster perspective- sure. From a linemate perspective? Definitely play younger players with better quality guys.

I’m not saying you won’t make it if you play on the 4th… I’m just saying you’ll develop quicker with better players.

Jul 6, 2016
With Laine aboard, I am not even sure Roy will make the team. I am sure they don’t want him on a 4th line and prefer him on the 1st in Laval. Armia-Newhook and Gally were a pretty good line last season. With Laine-Dach, I would not be surprised if they give ANOTHER chance to Anderson on the RW. With RHP injured, they could keep Barré-Boulet as #12-#13 forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad