Besides Roy, which other forward prospect makes the team?

Who do you think will make the team from camp?

• Total voters

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Hard to say, if noone forces it out of camp they could still pick someone of waivers.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
i think that it'll take a couple of weeks into the season to ship out one of the extra D pieces in a trade for a top 9 forward, and in the meantime, someone inconsequential like Condotta will make the team as a 13th forward out of camp

None. No spots available.
what's the lineup then?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I think Tuch could be the most ideal for 4th line.
Beck will turn the most heads and try to force his way.
Prefer to trade Harris/Barron/Savard ++ for a top 6.
Shoot Dvo into outer space.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I know a lot of people want Beck to go to Laval but if Beck doesn’t want to through a solid off season he could turn some heads at camp and not look back. He’s the type of player that’s so smart he’ll make it hard to send him down, even though going, I believe, would enhance his offensive ceiling.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I think it will be Heineman as it will be a bottom 6 guy and he can provide offense on the PP2 while still playing a heavy forechecking game.

Farrell will see time this year if there's an injury in the top 9 and they need more pop offensively.

Exactly my thought as well...

There's an unlikely outside chance FloX does what his brother did and surprises everyone by being more NHL ready than expected, but I suspect they'd rather see him work on rounding out his game in the A rather than playing a depth role in Montreal.

Reactions: NewDef

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Really surprised it's not 100% AAB. He's clearly the new Ylonen.

I feel that he's more a MSL project tho. Also AAB got highIQ to go along with the great shot, unlike Ylonen pis Einement.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Barre-Boulet has the inside track, but honestly even Roy doesn't have a secure spot in the lineup. If Roy comes to camp thinking his spot is secure he'll more then likely get sent down (Much like Justin Barron last year).
Zero chance Roy comes to training camp with that mindset.
And I don’t think Barron came to last training camp with that mindset either; on the contrary he looked nervous as heck .

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
i think that it'll take a couple of weeks into the season to ship out one of the extra D pieces in a trade for a top 9 forward, and in the meantime, someone inconsequential like Condotta will make the team as a 13th forward out of camp

what's the lineup then?

Find list of current signed players, place in blender, mix and serve.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Find list of current signed players, place in blender, mix and serve.
my point is with RHP's injury you're sitting at 12 F so one of the guys in the poll is going to make it out of camp, unless you're thinking it's a waiver wire pickup or they sit with 12 F

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
my point is with RHP's injury you're sitting at 12 F so one of the guys in the poll is going to make it out of camp, unless you're thinking it's a waiver wire pickup or they sit with 12 F
We're more likely to keep 8 D than a 13th forward. RHP being out might be a blessing in disguise. We don't need to carry an extra forward until there's an injury.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Owen Motherbleeping Beck.

He has unlimited compete and gets better every year. Plays a game that coaches love. Dvorak is a goner.
Dvo could get us a 2nd at the deadline.

It would be great if Beck steals his spot. But I'd also like to see Dvo have a nice role and get is something at the deadline.

With RHP put there is one top 13 forward spot available, and two top 14 forward spots if we start with 14 forwards.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Heineman is knocking at the door. He's going to get an opportunity to stick this year but no guarantee.

Reactions: NewDef

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Emil or Barre Boulette

2 guys that have to be waived

HM Beck but I think they want him on Laval PP playing 18-22min per game.

Reactions: Big Lurk

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I'd say ABB gets RHP's spot for sure. RHP is an odd man looking out after last season + this year's injury to start things off.

For true prospects, I'm not sure. Depends on our injuries but I can't see guys other than Roy making it on merit and not on need.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Beck should be getting some ice team, in my opinion. A natural replacement to Dvo. ABB will likely stay with the big club in case of injuries. They don't want to lose him on waivers. Heineman seems like a good replacement to Armia. Off course, it all depends on what upper management can salvage from the dead weight to open up some roster spots.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
The habs have 11 forwards (Suzuki, Slaf, Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Roy, Dvorak, Anderson, Gallagher, Armia, Evans) expected to be regulars + Pezzetta as the 13th forward. That leaves us with 1 open spot. Assuming we don't acquire a forward, which prospect do you think will make the team?
I honestly don’t feel like any of these guys will. Heineman may be closest for a bottom six role but he still hasn’t put together a. Complete season yet. ABB only stands a chance in the top six as his skill set isn’t suited for a checking role so that’s going to be a challenge. As for the others, Beck/Kapanen/Tuch/FX/ Farrell etc they all need full seasons in the AHL to develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad