Confirmed with Link: Berube signs 3 year deal (Friedman reports $3.1m per)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I noticed that too, compared with other coaches who give the whole line. It gives me a little insight to how Berube thinks of the lines as being a bit more discrete.
Phil Housley actually did it too in the road to the winter classic. Not sure when that trend started but I don’t believe I’ve seen anyone else do it so far. Of course, that’s with very limited access so every coach in the league could be doing it and I wouldn’t know. :laugh:

It’s amazing how different Berube and Housley are though. Housley sounded veryyyy unsure of himself. You could tell in 5 seconds there was zero confidence in that Buffalo locker room.

Berube on the other hand makes me want to suit up and play. It’s easy to see why players like him. He gets you fired up and I think he’s the perfect balance of hard ass vs. player’s coach. Which isn’t always easy to do. He seems to have mastered that part well.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I noticed that too, compared with other coaches who give the whole line. It gives me a little insight to how Berube thinks of the lines as being a bit more discrete.

I wonder if it's just because the wingers should know who their center is, so he doesn't need to list the whole line. D pairs seem to change more often, so maybe that's why he does it that way. So when he says "O'Reilly" he really means ROR's whole line.

Not such a big deal but the behind the scenes details are fun to discuss too.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
There was a thinly veiled jab at the PP in there with the question about coaching staff, but how in the hell does someone not directly ask the question " Why does the PP suck, and what are you planning on doing to fix it?"

Agreed. Our beat reporters aren't the most savvy hockey minds, but they know enough to know the PP struggled at times. Why be veiled and beat around the bush, instead of asking directly? I guess they wanted it happy-go-lucky after winning the cup, which is great and all. But the PP has to improve for us to have any hope of a real title defense. I'm really curious if management knows its a problem, because they should have addressed it somehow long before now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad