Berra again!?!

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
I think Hartley wants to test Berras abilities to be a legitimate Nr.1 goalie in the NHL. And in order to do this, he´ll need to get the nod in consecutive games.

Btw, this is a great move by Hartley in order to build up the self-confidence of Berra. His last game was bad (the third goal for Boston...) but now he gets the start again and so he can see that the coaching staff really trusts him. For a goalie, this is really important!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Berra has simply been better than Ramo. He is not as shaky out there and has better positioning.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Ortio should get a nod too at some point. If he has played even better than Berra in AHL, it would be weird if he doesn't get his debut in NHL soon.

I also think that Berra has played better than Rämö. But only slightly.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
If there was a poll, id vote for Ramo being in the crease. Give 'em a chance to push for a job

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ortio should get a nod too at some point. If he has played even better than Berra in AHL, it would be weird if he doesn't get his debut in NHL soon.

I also think that Berra has played better than Rämö. But only slightly.
the Heat as a team are playing 100x better in front of Ortio than they did Berra. They have really tightened up their defensive game since his recall.

TylerSVT*

Ramo has looked downright awful IMO.

Berra lets goals come in bunches, but i think he has better agility and he reads the play better.

Ramo has better control though.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
You guys have any clue why Berra is in net tonight? Is Ramo is in Hartley's doghouse? I think that Karri needs some starts... He didn't looked worst than Berra or Mac from what I saw... Thoughts?

Berra looks a lot better than Ramo. Ramo has been BRUTAL.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Berra has simply been better than Ramo. He is not as shaky out there and has better positioning.

The way I see it Berra is the better and worst goalie out of the 2. When on his game (first 2 periods against Edm and the Chicago game) he is amazing but when he falls apart he is terrible. I think Ramo has to get a start soon and I think not starting him against one of the weaker teams we will play in the next 2 weeks would have been perfect for him.

Aug 3, 2010
ITT: Finnish fans and people with Ramo instead of Berra on their fantasy rosters :sarcasm:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd like to see Ortio get a callup soon at some as well. But Berra has not been terrible by any stretch, but he also hasn't been great. I agree to roll with him for a bit to see what he can do.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Berra a good tender but with what the flames invested in ramo he should had an extended run in net as well.

I think it's Hartley not having confidence due to the macdonald situation earlier in the season and Berra now.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Berra was incredible tonight. I still think he can turn himself into a legit starter. He certainly has the potential.

I'd still like to see Ramo a little more. With all the hype from Feaster, I'm hoping Ramo can find a good groove. Then we'll have a tandem that pushes each other.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Berra's starting to get a little scrambly on some plays. He needs to use that big frame and calm down a little. He's certainly been more than acceptable.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I thought Berra played pretty average tonight, but then he stole the show in the shootout and redeemed himself. I mean its hard to complain when your goalie faces 47 shots, but I will still try.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I thought Berra played pretty average tonight, but then he stole the show in the shootout and redeemed himself. I mean its hard to complain when your goalie faces 47 shots, but I will still try.

Average? I have a hard time believing any goalie in the league would have held them to less than 4 goals with the way our D played last night. I thought Berra was sensational, and only one of those goals I fault him on, and even that very slightly, due to the impenetrable sight wall the Flames Defense put in front of him. I thought He was calm, collected, made HUGE saves at key moments in the game. No I don't think average is the right term for his game tonight. It's often hard to say a goalie was the reason we won in a 5-4 win, but Berra was the reason we won last night.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
So this was a pretty cool save
Mx6Hhn2.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00