Prospect Info: Berkly Catton - Forward(Round 1, Pick #8, 2024 Draft)

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Hey listen guys I've been very up front about my loyalties and whatnot and participated in good faith but if it's gonna be this way if I give an opinion that isn't what you want to hear then I don't need to do it. I am a straight shooter on what I observe, and I literally highlighted the fact that I had seen him once, will see him more and will keep observing. But then two guys immediately attacked, eff that

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Hey listen guys I've been very up front about my loyalties and whatnot and participated in good faith but if it's gonna be this way if I give an opinion that isn't what you want to hear then I don't need to do it. I am a straight shooter on what I observe, and I literally highlighted the fact that I had seen him once, will see him more and will keep observing. But then two guys immediately attacked, eff that
I don't care if you're a Blues fan or of any other team. I would have said the exact same thing if a Kraken fan had said what you did.

When they said "Canton" (there was an 'N' pronounced in his name the entire night) I realized Catton was in the game.

Basically you would not notice him in general and then he'd pop into the middle on the rush for a shot. Generated a few decent chances but nothing wild, I am surprised that this was a top 10 pick.

What else am I supposed to make out of this information? You said you watched the game, you never noticed him till his name was called out. And then say that you were surprised that this was a top 10 pick.

You didn't tell us anything else about having him watched last season or before that. Did you expect everyone to agree with you? Or not say anything?

Reactions: Fuhrious

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Serious question, how do you think your pals over on the Blues subforum would respond if one of us rolled in there, proclaimed our loyalties to a different team every chance we got, and proceeded to blurt out low-key insulting takes like "your top prospect doesnt seem very good based on this one toothpaste commercial I saw them in..."

I'm guessing we'd get rung up like you are right now, but hey what do I know I've only been a member here for like 20 years.

what an intellectually honest characterization, thanks!
What can I say, I'm a straight shooter on what I observe lmao

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Serious question, how do you think your pals over on the Blues subforum would respond if one of us rolled in there, proclaimed our loyalties to a different team every chance we got, and proceeded to blurt out low-key insulting takes like "your top prospect doesnt seem very good based on this one toothpaste commercial I saw them in..."

I'm guessing we'd get rung up like you are right now, but hey what do I know I've only been a member here for like 20 years.

What can I say, I'm a straight shooter on what I observe lmao
I got it, I got it. No problem, don't need to do this. But it is weird you pull the 20 year card with me. You must have missed it the other day when I politely asked you what your previous rooting interest was and you ignored it, I see what you would rather do. You have more time for this.

By the way, I totally reject your characterization of my observation, you read what you want into it and then attack based on that. Not based on what I said. Not interesting, not going to participate with you. Do your thing bro. 20 years lol

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I don't care if you're a Blues fan or of any other team. I would have said the exact same thing if a Kraken fan had said what you did.

What else am I supposed to make out of this information? You said you watched the game, you never noticed him till his name was called out. And then say that you were surprised that this was a top 10 pick.

You didn't tell us anything else about having him watched last season or before that. Did you expect everyone to agree with you? Or not say anything?
Actually I have asked repeatedly to get more info from you guys on your prospects but I quickly realized I am going to have to learn their characteristics myself. Then to turn around and light me up for offering one mild observation on one game, how the hell do you know the next time I watch him I wouldn't praise a great game that I observed? You do not. And you know you do not. You wrote a narrative and saying what you said on one viewing is BS. You didn't watch the game, You just declared it bad faith. No, this was bad faith. Enjoy your team

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Speaking as a site administrator, it's important to note that the team boards are designed specifically for the enjoyment and benefit of that team's fans (as opposed to the general boards).

You might make the same comment in a neutral board and it's fine, but would be considered trolling on a team board.

If I said "I don't like Jordan Binnington" on a neutral board, it's (probably) fine, but would be flagged for trolling 95% of the time if I said it on the Blues' board.

For example.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Actually I have asked repeatedly to get more info from you guys on your prospects but I quickly realized I am going to have to learn their characteristics myself. Then to turn around and light me up for offering one mild observation on one game, how the hell do you know the next time I watch him I wouldn't praise a great game that I observed? You do not. And you know you do not. You wrote a narrative and saying what you said on one viewing is BS. You didn't watch the game, You just declared it bad faith. No, this was bad faith. Enjoy your team
You are grasping at straws and trying to play the victim here. All you did was watch one game and said that "X" player was not worth drafting at draft position "Y".

You want to give feedback? How about pointing out areas he looked bad in? Where could he have done better? Was it decision-making? Was it vision? Was his shot not hard enough? Was he holding on to the puck too long? etc. etc.

The ironic part is that you seem to think we are upset about your questioning of Catton's draft position. In reality, what bothered us was that you watched one game and made that decision based on the fact that you didn't notice him enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad