TSN: Bergevin open to trading a forward.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Drouin is a great talent, no doubt about it. But he doesn't seem to fit the actual mold of the team.

Could he be disposible?? If so, i would try and solve our LHD issue by trading him. At the same time, i am ready to give him all the time he needs to reach his potential as the Habs are not going to be competitive this season and next's. So i would not sell him cheap and the return would need to be worth it.

Would something around him and Nurse be something workable?? I know Edmonton need more D not less but since they got Bouchard and there are rumblings about Nurse maybe being disponible??

Any other lhd from other teams that can fit in that kind of trade??

https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-habs-open-to-trading-a-forward-1.1190309

Last edited by a moderator:

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
I'd offer Kevin Hayes one for one, with an add, maybe a young defenceman like Sean Day?

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
Lol isn't Hayes a UFA at the end of the year anyways?

Hence the add, I'm sure he'd be pretty easy to resign, he hasn't had many contract disputes nor has he vocally said anything about preferring one destination to another. Alternatively, I'd offer Zibanejad one for one with no add

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
:habs
Nylander
Gardiner

:leafs
Drouin
Petry

Really not bad. At least it caught my eyes as i like Nylander alot and he would fit the Habs better than Drouin. Though, getting Gardiner does not solve our LHD issue, at least long term. My target would be Dermott. Don't know if something is workable though.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Hence the add, I'm sure he'd be pretty easy to resign, he hasn't had many contract disputes nor has he vocally said anything about preferring one destination to another. Alternatively, I'd offer Zibanejad one for one with no add

Hayes is an easy no for me, even with Day added. Though Zibanejad would be fair value imo. That being said, i don't think Bergevin would target another C.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
There is no way one of Nurse or Klefbom are available or even remotely close to "dispensable". We can give you prospects and picks, thats about it.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
There is no way one of Nurse or Klefbom are available or even remotely close to "dispensable". We can give you prospects and picks, thats about it.

How about Puljujarvi + 2019 1st (top 5 protected)?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I don't think MB's even considering to trade Drouin. Yes he's been pretty bad but the management saw a lot in him a year ago and that project is still running. But if he is indeed on the trade block and could be the centrepiece for Nylander then hell yes MB should go for it. I doubt that's the case, though.

Reactions: Benstheman

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I don't think MB's even considering to trade Drouin. Yes he's been pretty bad but the management saw a lot in him a year ago and that project is still running. But if he is indeed on the trade block and could be the centrepiece for Nylander then hell yes MB should go for it. I doubt that's the case, though.

I agree with you about all you said. Probably not going anywhere in the near future but if the trade makes sense, MB needs to keep his channel open.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
How about Puljujarvi + 2019 1st (top 5 protected)?
If you took back Sekera as a cap dump and made it top 10 protected, I would seriously look at that. 90% chance I pull the trigger. This is a very attractive deal for us because Pulju will probably be ruined under the shit coach that is Todd Mclellan. It's probably best for us and Pulju (no head coaching changes) to trade him elsewhere, preferably in the East.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad