Celebrity Death: Benji Gregory (the son in Alf), 46

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Strangely, I don't remember him nearly as well as I remember Andrea Elson.

alf-cast.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I never got into Alf, but I remember it was hugely popular at one point with kids... right up there with the Ninja Turtles and The Simpsons in terms of merchandise sales...

Kinda surprised it only lasted 4 seasons

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Between the behind the scenes filming issues and the sex scandal with the dad, this adds to the feeling of it being a bit of a cursed show.
The daughter Andrea Elson pops up every couple of years. She quit acting an settled down as yoga instructor. She married a set decorator from the show I think. She did say she suffered from bulimia during the show. The mother Anne Schedeen quit acting to be a antiques dealer I think

As for being cursed. They had a staff writer named Jerry Stahl who had a wicked Heroin addiction while he worked on the show and wrote a book called Permanent Midnight about it

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016
Sad.. and an unusual (suspected) circumstance of death, his service dog died with him.
Rest in peace..

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
I know the dad hated Alf because of the brutal work schedule and being embarrassed coming from theatre but I'm not sure if that alone could have led to meth'd out orgies with homeless men every night, I think there was probably more going on there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad