Behind the scenes in the Oilers locker room immediately after losing game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Well, that's what it looks like when an arrogant team acts as though the cup was theirs to lose, and then gets reminded that other teams actually have a say in the matter. Good to see them get humbled so... and same with that fanbase.
the salt never ends lol

I'm sure little Quinn was acting the same after blowing a 3-2 series lead and losing Game 7

Reactions: NeverForget06

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
McDrai legacy in Edmonton summed up in one video. 2024 finals was their peak.

Yup
Too bad they didn't have a camera in the Canucks locker room after they blew 2 straight to lose another game 7 on home ice where the team slept through most of the game...... remember when Tocchet was jumping around on the bench after they won Game 5 ? Whoops

Reactions: Samhockey3

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
delicious-jonathan-pryce.gif

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Just a quick glance at a bunch of depressed guys...as you'd expect after losing Game7 of the cup.

Not much to see or gain here
How clearly you can hear Bettman giving the cup to the winning team twisting the knife is a nice add to the subjective experience.

And how natural it seems for McDavid to not go get (or not be in there) for the Smythe.

It is a bit strange to be filming this and showing it too.

Reactions: sanscosm

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
39 year old Perry being in this spot so many times... His look with his hand over his mouth like.... AGAIN!
D4bbGDZ.png

20 year old Crosby....

27 year old McDavid wishes he's never in this picture again..
ygWYDap.gif

• Wow
Reactions: sanscosm

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Do we really need a thread about this?

They had a good run and put up a respectable fight against FLA. One team had to lose.

What's the point of rubbing salt in the wound?

If this was about my team, I wouldn't be happy.
To be fair, the Oilers released this. This is footage from a behind the scenes series called "the Drop" which follows the team year over year.

Im not sure many Oiler fans care about this being released, speaking for myself I got over the loss pretty fast as I wasn't part of it. The series shows the ups and downs and has been going on for a few seasons now.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Well, that's what it looks like when an arrogant team acts as though the cup was theirs to lose, and then gets reminded that other teams actually have a say in the matter. Good to see them get humbled so... and same with that fanbase.
Lmao they were down 3-0 in the series my dude. No franchise would be arrogant in that position.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
McDrai legacy in Edmonton summed up in one video. 2024 finals was their peak.

Yup
Well, there's worse places to peak.

Not a lot of teams get that far.

Im sure it bugs the f*** out of McDavid, but it doesn't bug me. I really enjoyed the highs and lows of last season. From the slow start to the multiple long win streaks and the playoffs, it was great season to watch and be part of. One day after his career McDavid will appreciate it and the conn smythe he won. As it stands now he got further than a lot of his peers have.

Reactions: Coffey

John Garretts KD

Aug 4, 2024
Too bad they didn't have a camera in the Canucks locker room after they blew 2 straight to lose another game 7 on home ice where the team slept through most of the game...... remember when Tocchet was jumping around on the bench after they won Game 5 ? Whoops
Yes, both our teams lost. Yours lost in a more spectacular fashion on a bigger stage. Congrats.

1723226407588.gif

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Good time to revisit this thread:

Imagine, in that atmosphere, McDavid hearing the announcement and leaving the room to go get his trophy :laugh:

that must be a process error

i have to think in 2003 with giguere, and hextall and whomever else before that, they made sure during the long handshake period that they knew who the winner was before the guys left the ice so someone could pull the winner aside and make him wait in the tunnel

because yeah, mcdavid has to be a captain there and say f*** it if they talk they talk if they fine me then it costs money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad