Behind the Battle Discussion

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The obvious reference point (which you are likely citing) is the NFL draft where picks have point values, creating market value through math. Ultimately the value ends up being determined by the wisdom of the selection. That would seem much harder to do with players than picks. . In the end, player trades are horse trading - what’s it worth to each based on less tangible or mathematical evaluations.
This. There really isn't a way to come up with Objective Value for this sort of thing. Or as I keep saying all the time on TR&FA, all trades are needs-based and players are not fungible assets.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
I do really like these. They do a nice job and provide some pretty cool insight. In this most recent you can start to hear the build up for Lindstrom. Pretty fun stuff.
I wonder if that was the highlighted change to the draft list that Sirén and Timmins made, moving Lindstrom up to #2?

Reactions: Xoggz22 and CBJx614

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Waddell did say after picking him that they had Lindstrom second
And I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered who they picked because they would have said "we got our guy"... I do think it seemed genuine and the smiles on their faces seemed to indicate this. I also like the discussion of strong down the middle and in net. Now we have to work on the "net" part. Either way, it's fun to here them talk about the players and situations even if names aren't leaked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad