Pre-Game Talk: Beginning of the Road to Nowhere (@PHI, @BOS, @MON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
LOL - even if he's recalled, I don't think he makes the team:-

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Duchene (Roy likes this for some reason)
Comeau - Soderberg - Iginla
Mcleod - Mitchell - Grigorenko
Everberg - Street - Skille
(Martinsen)

Beauchemin - Johnson
Holden - Barrie
Gormley - Stuart / Guenin

Varlamov
Berra

MAN that is a shocking line-up !! Hahahaha. Who has assembled this group? It's not like we are majorly injured here. Tanguay is the only missing player, and he's been quite poor this year.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Of all players in San Antonio playing well, they call up Martinsen? Ok then.

Why is this a surprise? Based on how long Martinsen hung around during Training Camp, it was very obvious that the Avs were going to get him some NHL time at some point this season.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

(Martinsen)

Beauchemin - Johnson
Holden - Barrie

Varlamov
Berra

MAN that is a shocking line-up !! Hahahaha. Who has assembled this group? It's not like we are majorly injured here. Tanguay is the only missing player, and he's been quite poor this year.

This is why I've been saying all week this team isn't all that talented. One injury and the myth gets exposed. There might be more collective talent playing in San Antonio right now.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Roy and Sakic probably wants a look at him seeing as he's big and doesn't have the worst set of hands.

He's been decent/good in the AHL so I don't mind.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Damn, very crucial 7 game road trip. Probably the worst possible time to have it, but what can you do? Offensive depth is starting to look worrisome. Just not enough quality for even 2 lines.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Damn, very crucial 7 game road trip. Probably the worst possible time to have it, but what can you do? Offensive depth is starting to look worrisome. Just not enough quality for even 2 lines.

It's probably the best time for it, they've been better on the road. Time to get away from home and just hang out with each other, come into every game as the underdog. It's not like anything was going right at home.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

(Martinsen)

Beauchemin - Johnson
Holden - Barrie

Varlamov
Berra

Looking at the 2013-14 offensive starting line-up compared to now is an eye opener.

Top 9 in 2013-14 (At Beginning)

Downie-Duchene-RoR
Tanguay-Stastny-Landeskog
Parenteau-MacK-McGinn

trip trancid

May 23, 2015
Looking at the 2013-14 offensive starting line-up compared to now is an eye opener.

Downie-Duchene-RoR
Parenteau-MacK-McGinn

On the other hand, there's probably more talent coming through the pipeline than there was then. It's a consequence of losing guys like OReilly and Stastny.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He's going to play 5 minutes might as well.

Martinsen plays over Street IMO. We need wingers, he's Tanguay replacement.

Nah Roy will run 7 defenders and we'll get to see Guenin regularly again!

On the other hand, there's probably more talent coming through the pipeline than there was then. It's a consequence of losing guys like OReilly and Stastny.

The consequence of losing Stastny was Iginla, and we know what we got for O'Reilly.

I guess you could say Mikko was a consequence of losing Stastny? lol

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Interesting to see Martinsen, like I said when he came over, I expect close to nothing from him cause his résumé isn't good enough to warrant any expectations. But always fun to see a fresh face. I hope we see him get a real chance and not this 3-5 minutes per game thing.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Why is this a surprise? Based on how long Martinsen hung around during Training Camp, it was very obvious that the Avs were going to get him some NHL time at some point this season.

I wish Roy would look beyond his size fetish and realize that there are some players down in San Antonio that could truly be very useful players for this Avs club down the line. Players like Colin Smith or Andrew Agozzinno I absolutely think have a future in the NHL, but I doubt it's with the Avs because Roy simply will not use players that small.

Interesting to see Martinsen, like I said when he came over, I expect close to nothing from him cause his résumé isn't good enough to warrant any expectations. But always fun to see a fresh face. I hope we see him get a real chance and not this 3-5 minutes per game thing.

He'll be seeing 5-6 minutes of ice time guaranteed. Roy doesn't **** around when it comes to call-ups, he limits them as much as humanly possible.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I wish Roy would look beyond his size fetish and realize that there are some players down in San Antonio that could truly be very useful players for this Avs club down the line. Players like Colin Smith or Andrew Agozzinno I absolutely think have a future in the NHL, but I doubt it's with the Avs because Roy simply will not use players that small.

He'll be seeing 5-6 minutes of ice time guaranteed. Roy doesn't **** around when it comes to call-ups, he limits them as much as humanly possible.

He's going to play Martinsen 5 minutes so it's not a size thing. Agozzino probably would have gotten the call if he were healthy. I'd love to see him and especially Smith too. I don't know about a future though, Street is a rockstar in the AHL and we see what he is here.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's going to play Martinsen 5 minutes so it's not a size thing. Agozzino probably would have gotten the call if he were healthy. I'd love to see him and especially Smith too. I don't know about a future though, Street is a rockstar in the AHL and we see what he is here.

Difference is both players have a lot more skill than Street does. I think Street is one of those players who dominates the AHL because he's too good for it, but isn't necessarily a fit for the NHL. Doesn't really reflect his personal skill level. Kind of stuck in no man's land, whereas the other two I believe can absolutely at some point in the future make an impact in the NHL.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I see we called up Martinsen, so i assume we've officially given up on the season. That's good!

Last edited:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada

Downie-Duchene-RoR
Parenteau-MacK-McGinn

Let this sink in that out of losing downie, ror, stastny, parenteau and mcginn. Grigorenko is the only player that is currently on our nhl roster (possibly healthy scratch).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad