Bedrooms in Olympic Village (cozy) (Read Mod Post #466)

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Nice drinking water.

ku-medium.jpg
There is a reason vodka and bottled drinks are preferred over there.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Uhh Canada stayed in a hotel, then went to the village after losing to the US.

Even if that was true (I have found only one source that claims Canada stayed in the Olympic Village in 2010. Perhaps you have one backing your claim?), Canada staying in the Olympic Village for their entire stay in Sochi still contradicts your original statement (source for 2014).

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
My hotel has no water. If restored, the front desk says, "do not use on your face because it contains something very dangerous." #Sochi2014

Watch your step @Sochi2014 -- I've noticed on walkway and on sidewalks that not all man holes are always covered.

:laugh:

I love it. Not making fun of Russia or the Olympic Committee or anything. It's just the fun part of traveling to different parts of the world.

Also - I'm sure there have been "issues" at every Olympics. It's such a massive undertaking that it becomes unrealistic to get everything right.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Look at how weird those crazy Russians are?

I don't see what the big deal is. These millionaires live a coddled lifestyle anyways, so something simpler for two weeks won't kill them.

They should tent on the ice, a team in each zone and no trespassing.

Pgust

Nov 19, 2013
Stockholm
same size probably, just higher and with nicer bedspread

This doesn't look too bad, maybe a bit sterile but otherwise perfectly OK.

You shouldn't drink the tap water anyway when you're abroad, just a little sip and I got gastric flu, have actually vomiting at the Niagara falls and my entire vacation were ruined.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

The toilet paper in the garbage isn't that unusual. In a lot of countries the plumbing system can't handle it. I visited China with my family when the Olympics were on and I remember it being like that in some places. I think we ignored it tho, ha ha don't remember it was so long ago.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Also, I probably wouldn't drink tap water anywhere except Canada, the US, and probably the UK.

Pgust

Nov 19, 2013
Stockholm
The toilet paper in the garbage isn't that unusual. In a lot of countries the plumbing system can't handle it. I visited China with my family when the Olympics were on and I remember it being like that in some places. I think we ignored it tho, ha ha don't remember it was so long ago.

Egypt as well, quit weird but ***** the police and flush it anyway!

Also, I probably wouldn't drink tap water anywhere except Canada, the US, and probably the UK.

Why not? I had canadian exchange students at my dorm a couple years ago who drank our tap water. But my stomach always let me down when I'm abroad :(

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad