GDT: Bears vs Skiing Hazard - 7PM MT - Superstitions Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Forgot to also say that I thought Sam Girard was fantaboulous. So many subtle plays that get the Avs out of trouble, smart passes, well positioned. Good to have him back.

It’s not on Bednar for playing the top guys that much. He has to win games and they don’t have many other options right now
100% its on CMac to get him players he can trust and use when Mackinnon, Mikko and Nuke arent on the ice.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Forgot to also say that I thought Sam Girard was fantaboulous. So many subtle plays that get the Avs out of trouble, smart passes, well positioned. Good to have him back.

100% its on CMac to get him players he can trust and use when Mackinnon, Mikko and Nuke arent on the ice.
He was good but it would be nice if he could do something in the O-zone.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

I actually think Girard’s acceleration from a stopped position is the best on the team.

MacK does these chug-a-chug strides for the first two seconds to get going, Makar is more hunched over and really pushing through his first couple of strides.

When we win a loose puck in our zone, G is absolutely explosive on his first few steps. His ability to retrieve and skate the puck out is very unique.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Bednar said Manson is out day to day until March…

Ok he didn’t say that but you know… I don’t trust the day to day report by the Avs

Reactions: missionAvs

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
I actually think Girard’s acceleration from a stopped position is the best on the team.

MacK does these chug-a-chug strides for the first two seconds to get going, Makar is more hunched over and really pushing through his first couple of strides.

When we win a loose puck in our zone, G is absolutely explosive on his first few steps. His ability to retrieve and skate the puck out is very unique.
The booze slows ya down, now he’s unhinged again

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Nice win, too bad it was at the cost of our top guys.

Shouldn't have to play the top guys around 30 mins to have a chance. CMac needs to get off his f***ing ass and fix this shit, it's not even remotely sustainable.

Fully expect another 7-0 loss to Vegas on Wednesday now that our top guys have nothing in the tank.

Side note, man it would be nice if George could just give us 80% of what Swayman did for Boston tonight. No one expects George to be at that level but it would be nice to be relatively close. Another night sub.900 and 2 of the goals he let in were completely saveable/avoidable. To his credit he did make a few nice saves at the right times, which was nice, but I'd really love it if he'd stop giving up 1+ soft goals a night. We earned our goals, Boston not as much.

Yup. Players always look lost when they play out of position. Like Colton was better as a 3C, looks lost playing 2C etc… that’s always the case
That's because he's not a 2C, he's in over this head at that position.

He needs to be back at 3C, with a credible 2C in front of him and he'd look great.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
It georgiev can stop pucks a big better it’d build so much confidence this team is oils feast on.

I guess Bednar slipped in georgiev slamming doors… might be a bit of a head case in the locker room? Pure guesswork on my part

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I missed the post game, what did Bednar say about Georgiev?
yWyqOf9.png

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

That's because he's not a 2C, he's in over this head at that position.

He needs to be back at 3C, with a credible 2C in front of him and he'd look great.
Exactly. The Avs didn’t win the cup with players being over their heads, 4C playing 3C, 3C playing 2C and on… everyone was slid to their correct position and that’s what this team needs and they need it soon before the top guys start getting injured because they’re playing half the game

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Exactly. The Avs didn’t win the cup with players being over their heads, 4C playing 3C, 3C playing 2C and on… everyone was slid at their correct position and that’s what this team needs and they need it soon because the top guys start getting injured because they’re playing half the game
I'd even argue we were so deep on that Cup team that we had guys that could play top 6 in the bottom 6.

But you are correct we have way too many guys playing out position and it shows. We have like 4 top 6 players and then a couple 3rd liners and then like 6 4th liner/AHLers. Not even remotely good enough.

Reactions: the_fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad