Bears & NFL Talk LXV: Kraft's a John & Parkey is cut

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not surprised someone signed him but don't get why the Browns would. They have a good RB and some goodwill with fans for the first time in a decade.

Reactions: Idionym

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
I had my money on Washington tbh

I bet Washington got more excited by the prospect of signing Hunt once they saw the video. Snyder's a POS.

They shouldn't be, either. It's crazy. Chubb and Duke Johnson Jr. are a talented duo...

Right? RB production is so easy to find/replace, it's ridiculous that any team would spend tons of $ on them, let alone create huge PR nightmares for themselves.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
49ers blocked the Raiders plans to play at Giants stadium for 2019

Raiders homeless again and now talking to Oakland again while they are currently being sued by Oakland

I would expect there will be some deal in which Raiders do play next year in Oakland and Oakland drops lawsuit (A suit with no merit)

Raiders should just find some college or High School to play at. That would be fun.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I think Brown's fans will overlook anything to win at this point. Bears fans probably would not have cared much either.
I haven't heard too much about Mixon and Hill either. Allegedly, Hill beat up his pregnant girlfriend (charges dropped).

Most fans talk a big game but ultimately, it's all about the wins and losses.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think Brown's fans will overlook anything to win at this point. Bears fans probably would not have cared much either.

I think, generally speaking, the impact of signing "troubled" guys is over stated. But as the GM, the quickest way to way to get on the hot seat is to vouch for a guy and then have him make you and the organization look bad with another incident (Ray MacDonald for example). From that perspective, I'm surprised it's the Browns that would be the team to sign him as they are all set at RB. Someone was going to take a shot though.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
If the Raiders were to stay in Oakland, it would at least be possible for him to play baseball. I don't think you could expect anyone, regardless of position, to do that in two different cities. Even then, it's hard. Deion Sanders was essentially free styling on defense, but he could do that because he's f***in Deion Sanders.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
There isn't a NFL team around that would remotely consider allowing a QB of their's to play another sport. Even if we were talking about an NFL and MLB team having the same owner, that's not remotely worth the risk if the QB is deemed to be so much as competent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giovi

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I'm really curious about how a 5'8" QB is going to work out in the NFL.

There's a picture of him standing next to Haskins and the ALA QB. He looks TINY. There's no way he's 5'10".

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I'm really curious about how a 5'8" QB is going to work out in the NFL.

There's a picture of him standing next to Haskins and the ALA QB. He looks TINY. There's no way he's 5'10".
Flutie was 5'9". He struggled but the NFL was a different game back then. Murray is a incredible athlete with a great arm. They'll need to get him outside pocket. That said, even with the new safety rules, I'd be worried about Murray:s durability.

I'm a bit more skeptical about Murray. I think he'll have stretches where he's effective. However, how long can he last being that small going against monsters?

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Flutie was 5'9". He struggled but the NFL was a different game back then. Murray is a incredible athlete with a great arm. They'll need to get him outside pocket. That said, even with the new safety rules, I'd be worried about Murray:s durability.

I'm a bit more skeptical about Murray. I think he'll have stretches where he's effective. However, how long can he last being that small going against monsters?

I think Murray going in the first rd is a mistake. Murray is going to need a year or so to bulk up to play in the league (because 175-190lb QB won't do). Personally, I think he will be going back to baseball within 5 years.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Selecting him in 1st doesn't mean he has to play right away

Jackson didn't come in until midway point of this past season and we saw the best QB in football sit for a year after being drafted in KC

Its possible a team like Giants (Thought IMO 6th is too high to take him) or Steelers take him and both will likely have #1 in place for next year and wont need him to step in (Though I don't understand why Giants continue with Eli and have neglected drafting QB for several years now)

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Selecting him in 1st doesn't mean he has to play right away

Jackson didn't come in until midway point of this past season and we saw the best QB in football sit for a year after being drafted in KC

Its possible a team like Giants (Thought IMO 6th is too high to take him) or Steelers take him and both will likely have #1 in place for next year and wont need him to step in (Though I don't understand why Giants continue with Eli and have neglected drafting QB for several years now)

Oh the irony.

Reactions: Giovi and Idionym

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
There is difference between selecting a kid in mid/late 1st then 2nd overall (After trading up for him)

And if you recall I advocated keeping Cutty and drafting QB to sit a year behind him

Our idiot GM cut Cutty and gave an awful contract to Glennon instead which was disaster the moment it was made and was an unnecessary move

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There is difference between selecting a kid in mid/late 1st then 2nd overall (After trading up for him)

And if you recall I advocated keeping Cutty and drafting QB to sit a year behind him

Our idiot GM cut Cutty and gave an awful contract to Glennon instead which was disaster the moment it was made and was an unnecessary move

It is typically smart to remove cancer...

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

It wasn't like Cutler was any good in Miami.

You advocated a lot of things that were outright wrong. I'm not sure if Trubisky is the answer, but you certainly weren't right about anything with the Bears in the past year.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Dude, just stop. I was as big a Cutty supporter as any and knew it was time to move on.

Idiot GM :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad