OT: Bears & NFL Talk 99 (also 2024 NFL Draft GDT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Cops are mostly lunatics. I avoid them at all costs. On or off duty. The people that I know that became cops are all morons.

In high school I acted similar to Hill to a cop and also ended up cuffed at the beach. The conclusion I had from that scenario was I shouldn’t act like that. Not because it’s wrong of me to do, but because it’s too much of a hassle to deal with these morons power tripping.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Cops are mostly lunatics. I avoid them at all costs. On or off duty. The people that I know that became cops are all morons.

In high school I acted similar to Hill to a cop and also ended up cuffed at the beach. The conclusion I had from that scenario was I shouldn’t act like that. Not because it’s wrong of me to do, but because it’s too much of a hassle to deal with these morons power tripping.
My cousin isn't a moron. Neither are my buddies in Chicago PD. They're not all like that. Unfortunately the moronic ones are just the more vocal and seen the most.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

This is fairly accurate. The good cops are probably outnumbered 3:1, or more. People mostly become police officers because they have no other options.

The percentage of police officers that are domestic abusers is a pretty f***ing telling statistic.

Reactions: TLEH

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
This is fairly accurate. The good cops are probably outnumbered 3:1, or more. People mostly become police officers because they have no other options.
I think it's the other way around. It seems like the bad cops outnumbered the good because that is all the media want to focus on. Yes, I am defending the GOOD cops.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yeah obviously there are good cops out there. Unfortunately a good cop gets promoted so fast. They stop working the beat hahaha “In a blind world the one eyed man is king”

The two people I know that were intelligent and became cops moved up so fast. Obviously not all cops are bad. But I stand by what I said, my interactions with them have all largely been terrible. Rude, ego maniacs.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
DeMarcus Walker had 10 pressures through the first 9 games last season (through the first game after acquiring Sweat). DeMarcus Walker had 6 pressures on Sunday.

Gervon Dexter had 6 pressures through the first 9 games last season. 3 pressures on Sunday.

Billings had 2 pressures through the first 9 games last season (he had 3 pressures all season). 3 pressures on Sunday.

Now, is the Titans O-line still awful? Maybe. But it's not like the Bears consistently got pressures on bad O-lines last season. This is a good sign. Next week will be tougher, at least on Taylor who's up against Tunsil.
From another angle, he gets tripped up by Jenkins on that play.
Are you a Hawks fan as well or just a Bears fan? I never see you post here but noticed you're from Evanston
Just Bears. Been a devoted Thrashers/Jets fan since the early 2000s, long before I lived in Evanston.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Last edited:

Crow

May 19, 2014
He already had the window down all the way once. They saw in the car. They got his license. He rolled it down enough to talk to them when they asked him to after that. Not sure why he needs to just keep the window all the way down as if that's some kind of law. The whole "You have to just do whatever a cop says because they're a cop." mentality is f***ed up. It's hot and humid in Florida this time of year. Why wouldn't he want it up to stay cool? It was 90 degrees with 65% humidity when they pulled him over. The whole situation is f***ed, and it likely costs one or two of these guys their jobs. And will cost the city money in the ensuing lawsuit that Hill files.
I don’t think his personal comfort for a few minutes in the hot weather is worth pursuing in place of a police officers direction. It’s not too smart to make a cop feel he may be at risk.
In Florida its law you must roll your window down and exit the vehicle when requested by the police. As it should be. He was pulled over for speeding and reckless driving. With a tinted window they can’t tell if he has a weapon or grabbed a weapon after rolling his window back up.

It’s completely reasonable for the officer to not want the vehicle’s tinted window to be up.
Exactly. He was being a little :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Escalating the situation as much as he could. His friends too, who were parked illegally. Entitled bitches disobeying pretty standard direction that would be a minor inconvenience because they live up their own ass. f*** them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkaholic

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

49ers lead 17-0 near end of 1st half (Cutler to Marshall TD before half cut into lead) and then lead 20-7 at start of 4th qtr with Bears coming back to win 28-20

Cutty 4 TD's
Fuller 2 INT's in his first national TV game

First Bears win in SF in 29 years

Things seemed so promising, but Tillman got injured and it was his last game as a Bear and the Bears D under Mel Tucker fell into abyss as the 2nd worst defense in NFL that year

That was probably last highlight/hurray of that era of Bears football

Trestman lost lockerroom, Marshall got injured finishing year on IR (Team traded him months later), team fell apart, etc, etc

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The Bears have two pretty good tackles. Their iOL is … bad. Teven can be pretty good when healthy and focused. RG and C are a disaster. Davis is one of my least favorite Poles moves. Along with Velus. I see why they want to make Velus work, even beyond the 3rd round pick part. He’s got unique talent. It’s beyond time to move on

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Oddly, in a game between Stroud and Williams, I think this game will come down a lot to the run game.

Run defense will be big this week. The Colts got killed playing with a light box to limit the passing game. Mixon ran 5+ yards 14 times against the Colts. If they can slow Mixon down with a front 4 plus Edwards and Edmunds, the secondary can focus solely on limiting a very strong trio of receivers.

Conversely, there should be more opportunity to run it right down the middle against the Texans than the Titans. The run game needs to be better. It was bad on Sunday.

I still don't love the chances of walking into Houston in what the Texans clearly view as a year they're contending for the superbowl, and stealing one. I'm mostly hoping for the offense to look better than last week and the defense to continue to look good. If they win, that's awesome. If they don't, that's expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad