OT: Bears & NFL Talk 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I guess the point is, no good qb has ever forced his way out, though theyve really never had a good qb. Cutler stank and the bears cut their losses

Cutler got injured and new regime wanted to bring in own guys

Cutty was more then fine with staying in Chicago when plan was to draft QB

It was Pace who wanted fresh start and bring in his guys (And boy did those guys suck)

A QB forcing way out is not "I would be fine with you drafting a kid"

Opinions on this board will naturally differ on Cutty and his ability/performance but I do think its absurd to claim he "Forced his way out" of Chicago

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Cutler got injured and new regime wanted to bring in own guys

Cutty was more then fine with staying in Chicago when plan was to draft QB

It was Pace who wanted fresh start and bring in his guys (And boy did those guys suck
A QB forcing way out is not "I would be fine with you drafting a kid"
Opinions on this board will naturally differ on Cutty and his ability/performance but I do think its absurd to claim he "Forced his way out" of Chicago
You have to be trolling at this point. Cutler was average to slightly above at his best, and and would singlehandedly lose games by himself at his worst.

These two things are not mutually exclusive:
1) Cutler is the best QB the Bears have had since Luckman, and it's not particularly close.
2) Compared to his peers, Cutler was a mediocre to below average QB.

You continuously give Cutler credit for winning the tallest midget contest.

Compare Cutler to his peers, not his predecessors.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

blondu

Jun 3, 2016
Im talking about other qbs in nfl forcing their way out because of the results.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
2A5C492F-6325-4ACF-BF8D-A4A5413D05E2.gif

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Covid and no fans mighta scared some of them into thinking they are 1 disaster away from the poorhouse unlike most super wealthy people.

Reactions: Drumman44

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Covid and no fans mighta scared some of them into thinking they are 1 disaster away from the poorhouse unlike most super wealthy people.
They are wealthy but this is the family business. They stand to make much more selling then they would keeping the team. Fifth generation lots of folks involved now.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
McCaskey's aren't exactly that off from Snyder

Both are easily among the worst owners in NFL
It's a matter of direct involvement and thinking they can make moves to win it all now by their own choices.

Buffalo also suffered there by that owner who was desperate before he passed away. But you don't want someone to buy and start demanding their decisions happen on the field.

But I doubt the league would let a guy like that buy one of its foundational teams. And they absolutely use that type of power over owner choices.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
It's a matter of direct involvement and thinking they can make moves to win it all now by their own choices.

Buffalo also suffered there by that owner who was desperate before he passed away. But you don't want someone to buy and start demanding their decisions happen on the field.

But I doubt the league would let a guy like that buy one of its foundational teams. And they absolutely use that type of power over owner choices.
The McCaskeys, for all of their faults, do not meddle in football decisions. We do not want an owner that does.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why not?

I mean the ownership who doesn't give a crap about team and winning hasn't worked out for Bears at this point

Why not have a Jerry Jones

At least we know people like Jones want to win and dont view .500 team as an achievement

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
You can want the team to win without being directly involved with personnel decisions....

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Why not?

I mean the ownership who doesn't give a crap about team and winning hasn't worked out for Bears at this point

Why not have a Jerry Jones

At least we know people like Jones want to win and dont view .500 team as an achievement

I doubt Jones would buy them but somebody like that with a singular passion would be more tolerable. The fact is the McCaskeys have not done a great job for almost 40 years and we can only dream they cash out, a fresh new culture at Halas Hall could really make a difference.

The tweet mentions Bezos simply because he has the means, have no idea if he would be interested in something like that.

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
Hi fellas, I am going to the Bears game November 21st vs the Ravens, this will be my first American Football game I go to. Would really appreciate if someone can help me with my questions. What would be the best Bears bar to go to after the game? And what food is a must eat in the stadium? Also do they serve alcohol in the stadium or is it 0%? And is there anything else i should know or do or go to? I think I will buy a Bears jacket in the stadium. I am really stoked to go.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Hi fellas, I am going to the Bears game November 21st vs the Ravens, this will be my first American Football game I go to. Would really appreciate if someone can help me with my questions. What would be the best Bears bar to go to after the game? And what food is a must eat in the stadium? Also do they serve alcohol in the stadium or is it 0%? And is there anything else i should know or do or go to? I think I will buy a Bears jacket in the stadium. I am really stoked to go.

ehh. They definitely serve alcohol. You're going to have to ask some of the others about the best food in the stadium as it's been a while. The thing about bars and the Bears games, the stadium is a bit isolated and the nearest bars are pretty far and will likely be packed. It's hard to say when everything has been closed up for so long what will be good around then, and open.

Reactions: Vinny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad