OT: Bears & NFL Talk 101

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
Gotta figure out how to put that game behind you, but this is the type of coaching staff I expect the opposite from and to completely crumble. If they want to be serious about the playoffs then winning against Arizona and New England are a must before the schedule gets tough.

Arizona opens as 1 point favorites. Both teams have won 3 of their last 4 games. Arizona is giving up 140 rushing yards per game so I would expect Swift's good play to continue, and hopefully that can open up the passing game.

I still can't believe they didn't call a timeout before the hail mary when they had all 3 left. Just yikes.

Reactions: Pez68 and Sir Loin

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
They were also a Will Levis dumb turnover away from being 3-4. I say their 4-3 record is right where they should be.
Yeah I mean it's the NFL, the "we're only one play from this or that" could be true of most teams. They are what they are - and yesterday was a huge loss in terms of possible playoff implications.

Honestly they shouldn't have even been winning. Yeah Williams made some nice throws in the 4th but that doesn't excuse his awful play in the first 3 quarters. Or the playcalling and certainly the coaching was a complete clusterflop.

Remember too this is the "easy" part of the schedule. The Bears look great against crap like Carolina and Jax but against decent teams they won't win much with this BS. And I believe they're still winless on the road, the London game excepted.

Ben Grimm

Kick out the jams! 🎸
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Honestly they shouldn't have even been winning. Yeah Williams made some nice throws in the 4th but that doesn't excuse his awful play in the first 3 quarters. Or the playcalling and certainly the coaching was a complete clusterflop.
Caleb showed me a lot in this. The fact he played so poorly for most of the game and then was able to turn it on and put the Bears in a position to win tells me a lot. Not all is lost.

It was never about this year folks. Let the Lions have their short little run at the top.

Ben Grimm

Kick out the jams! 🎸
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Most 4th quarter comebacks: Testaverde, Carr,
E. Manning, Tannehill, Cousins, Dalton, Bledsoe, Romo, Cutler, Krieg, Palmer, Rodgers

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lets not let Poles off the hook

He cant build an OL for shit and failed to bring in help in pass rush via draft/FA or trade. Bears continue to struggle to get consistent pressure on QB

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
The offensive line is an issue and I really didn't like bargain bin shopping for a center for a rookie QB.

But I don't see how you can complain about the defense. At the end of the day, they're only giving up 17 points per game and only 3 teams are better in that regard.

Not to mention outside of a flukey hail mary they held one of the highest scoring teams in the league, on their own field, to nothing but field goals while missing two of their better defensive backs.

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
It really doesn’t matter how good of a team this could be with the terrible coaching staffs this org brings in. Always, always, always getting out coached.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
They were also a Will Levis dumb turnover away from being 3-4. I say their 4-3 record is right where they should be.
I’m not saying the contrary. I’m saying people thinking this game is getting someone fired..? Wishful thinking.

I doubt these coaches are even on the hot seat at all. Sucks but whatever.

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
If Eberflus gets canned it'll be because they go something like 2-6 down the stretch and 1-5 within the division. Both could realistically happen too.

I don't think he is under contract so if something like the above does play out I could actually see them moving on from him. With that said I have zero confidence in them picking a good replacement and going with the obvious candidates of Slowik or Johnson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad